FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feature request! Single timeline option please!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kell Smith
Feature request! Single timeline option please!
on Apr 6, 2018 at 8:40:25 pm

So yes I will fill out the official feature request but am posting it here in case I've missed a setting or something.
I wish Premiere had a preference to work in 'single timeline mode."

Here's why:
My way of working in Premiere is to create many backup, in-progress sequences as I go along, name them MySequence copy 001, 002, etc, along with a log note, and drag them into a backups bin.
Too often that backup opens in the timeline during that process, and for some reason my eye doesn't catch it. So i go back to the main bin, copy My Sequence copy 008, drag it into the backups bin. Then I notice 20 minutes later that two tabs are open in the timeline, all my recent changes were made not in "My Sequence", but in "My Sequence copy 007". Relieved to have caught that, I go back, pull My Sequence copy 007 out of the backups bin, and rename it appropriately, dragging the original (now outdated) My Sequence away to a versions bin with a log note.
Or even worse, you find your changes have been made in two different timelines and you have to trace back the changes and re-make them.

My lack of attention-"squirrel mode"- is not Premiere's fault, but it would be nice to have a "single timeline mode" preference that would lock the timeline to only one sequence at a time for those of us on the A.D.D. side of things....or maybe just a bit less chocolate would help...

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Feature request! Single timeline option please!
on Apr 7, 2018 at 4:18:49 am

This sounds more like a workflow issue.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
on Apr 7, 2018 at 7:59:24 pm

Tero, I'm curious what your thoughts are on the workflow.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Apr 7, 2018 at 5:20:39 am

You could select your sequence and ‘save as Premiere Pro Project’ instead? That way you’ll have your backup but won’t clutter your project or be making alterations to backup sequences. Also has the advantage that the bin ‘usage’ column for clips does not balloon to include redundant back up sequences.

Alternatively you could open the backup sequence each time you duplicate and lock all tracks.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
on Apr 7, 2018 at 5:26:19 am

Interesting, didn't know you could do that. I'll look into it, thanks.
I usually save a backup sequence after each major segment of change - and also keep numbered backups of old versions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]