FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Automatically Partitions Drive / Appends with "1"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz Parham
Premiere Automatically Partitions Drive / Appends with "1"
on Apr 5, 2018 at 7:19:06 pm

I work on multiple projects across different systems sometimes and I find myself having to move the cache quite frequently. When I do this and open up an existing project, media browser appends a "1" to my local drive and disconnects all my media. I then have to manually reconnect everything to the "1" drive. How do I remove this 1?? There also exists an empty folder with my original drive name...Does this have to do with the drive? It's a portable WD.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Premiere Automatically Partitions Drive / Appends with "1"
on Apr 6, 2018 at 7:04:05 pm

Mac or PC.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Liz Parham
on Apr 6, 2018 at 7:11:14 pm

iMac / 2012 / running El Capitan.

I figured it out by removing ghost folders in "volumes." I had two empty folders with the same name as my 2 external hard drives and once I deleted those Premiere removed the "1"

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Apr 6, 2018 at 8:21:09 pm

Great, thats why I asked if you were on a Mac or PC.
OS X and those damned Ghost Folders can be a real pain sometimes.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]