FORUMS: list search recent posts

PP 12.1 is not opening

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
PP 12.1 is not opening
on Apr 4, 2018 at 4:19:53 pm

Hi - I upgraded PP from 12.0.1 this morning to 12.1. Now it will not open at all. I've double-clicked on the project I was working on, I've clicked on the PP icon in the Dock, I've tried opening it from Applications, I've tried opening it from the CC Installed Apps panel, and the only thing that happens is the welcome screen (with the people walking in the rain) flashes on for less than a second and disappears. No items are seen loading on the left side of the screen because it exits that quickly. Needless to say this is really serious. Can anyone help, quickly? Thanks...

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: PP 12.1 is not opening
on Apr 4, 2018 at 4:33:54 pm

Roll back. That's all you can do. Uninstall and reinstall older version using CC app. Something not right with the PC installs. The mac installs went fine. No video apps (PPro, AE, AME or Prelude) working right on the PC side right now. Easy to fix with the rollback until they get this sorted.

Return to posts index

David Dean
on Apr 4, 2018 at 4:40:06 pm

Thanks, Paul - you posted just as I was writing my followup response, which appears to have opened it as 12.1.0. The question I have about your suggestion - which was echoed in the Adobe forum as well - is, how do you downgrade to an earlier version of the same update? I could easily revert to version 11 from 2017, but how can you go back to yesterday's 12.0.1 from today's 12.1? I don't see an option for that in the "Installed Apps" panel. Thanks!

David

Return to posts index

Keith Sanborn
on Apr 5, 2018 at 5:04:22 pm

I had the same problem on a mac. It may have to do with your OS. I am running 10.11.16 and Premiere 12.1 will definitely NOT open. Got the splash screen then nothing. It just shut down. With Media Encoder, I at least got an error message.

BTW: You downgrade by opening the creative cloud screen from the infinity sign at the top of your finder window. Then go to the app and click on the angle bracket pointed down on the right of "Upgrade." This opens a drop-down menu: select Other Versions. You will have a choice of several going back to CS6.

I downgraded Premiere Pro and Media Encoder, even after trashing the Type file referred to elsewhere in this thread. It makes you wonder whether they even test this stuff. Opening the program is pretty basic.

Keith

Return to posts index

David Dean
on Apr 4, 2018 at 4:35:59 pm

I also checked the Adobe forums - this problem is happening all over the place, including the upgrade to Media Encoder. Here's a reply from one JohnnyG2000 (giving proper credit), and it worked for me:

Okay, here are the exact steps I took (on a Mac):

Install the latest version of Premiere [which you will already have done0
In your Finder, go up to the Go menu
Click "Go To Folder"
Type "~/Library" and click Go.
Go to ...Library/Caches/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0
Delete the "Typesupport" folder
Open up Premiere Pro.

Hopefully this will help. Worked great over here. ☺

And it did. Word of advice: DON'T UPGRADE TO 12.1 YET.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 4, 2018 at 9:16:11 pm

Before you downgrade, try zapping the NVRAM (PRAM) and see if that makes any difference.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Apr 5, 2018 at 5:57:34 pm

This is bad! The launch screen doesnt work, but clicking on files for me will open them but now PNG files are corrupt! Chat support hold cue is backlogged! Mac version. I thought the .1 was supposed to be the most reliable and ready to work version!

Return to posts index

David Busse
on Apr 5, 2018 at 7:52:07 pm

This happened to me to. I uninstalled and am up and running again with 12.0.1

Video Producer/Editor
http://cidesigninc.com/

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 6, 2018 at 1:24:53 pm

Are folks running the latest macOS? Or is this a Windows issue? So far, I've updated at least 8 machines without issue.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]