FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ripple Delete not working

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Adams
Ripple Delete not working
on Apr 4, 2018 at 4:08:28 pm

I'm running Premier Pro CC2017 on a PC and the Shift+Del combination does not do a ripple delete operation, i.e. it does not delete the selected clip segment and close up the gap. I can do this fine by right clicking the segment and then choosing Ripple Delete from the context menu. The way I'm forming the clip segment to delete is 1) I enter Ctrl+K to mark the beginning, 2) I hit the right arrow key a few times to move the time indicator right a few frames (enclosingthe frames I want to delete), and 3) I enter Ctrk+K again to end the segment. Then I select that segment and enter Shift + Del, but nothing happens. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
Re: Ripple Delete not working
on Apr 6, 2018 at 9:48:14 pm

I don't have 2017 so can't be of much help there. Keyboard shortcuts (in my case I have option -delete) seem to be working fine here on cs6, as long as the clip to delete is selected.
If your workflow/timeline is set up in such a way that this wouldn't produce a major headache, you could always do in/out/ extract, and lock the tracks you want to leave in place.

Return to posts index

Steve Adams
on Apr 7, 2018 at 12:34:54 am

Thanks for replying. Yes, Keyboard Shortcuts was where I was able to finally solve it. The Shift+Del shortcut had been entered for Ripple Delete but wasn't working. I was able to delete this shortcut for Ripple Delete, however, and just enter "x" and that took. That is, now I can just enter "x" and the selected clip segment ripple deletes, which is even more convenient for me than Shift+Del.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
on Apr 8, 2018 at 5:16:40 pm

Glad you were able to work that out and didn't have to put up with the headaches of workarounds. =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]