FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode position changing after export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Ryan
Timecode position changing after export
on Apr 3, 2018 at 1:30:32 pm

While reading this, please keep in mind I'm relatively new to Premiere Pro, so I might need some extra help ☺

So basically, I was editing a video, and wanted to add a timecode for humerous effect. I added a transparent video, added a timecode to the top of it, added a crop to the timecode, cropped it, and moved it into position. It was also set to:

Fortmat: SMPTE
Timecode Source: Clip
Time Display: 24

After that, I nested the transparent video (with the timecode on it) with the video clip and audio clip so I could speed it up, because it is sped up, to 300%, mind you.

Anyway, so I have 2 images as well. The first is what it looked like in the editor:
12317_inpremierepro.png.zip

And this one is what it looks like after export:
12318_exported.png.zip

That's the problem. I have no clue as to why that happened and I need help. Also, here are my export settings, just in case:

=-VIDEO-=
Format: H.264
Preset: High Quality 1080p HD
Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 59.94
Aspect: Square Pixel 1.0
TV Standard: NTSC
Profile: High
Level: 5.1
UNCHECK RENDER AT MAXIMUM DEPTH
Bitrate: VBR, 2 pass
-Target Bitrate: 12
-Maximum Bitrate: 30
UNCHECK PREVIEWS
UNCHECK FRAME BLENDING

=-AUDIO-=
Codec: AAC
Sample Rate: 41000Hz
Channels: 5.1
Audio Quality: High
Bitrate: 512
Procedure: Bitrate

So any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

James Barry
Re: Timecode position changing after export
on Apr 4, 2018 at 5:31:21 pm

First things first, what version of premiere are you working in?

Without seeing your project the best I can do is give you some suggestions for a solution which may or may not work.

If this is just one long continuous video, it looks like live capture game play, and not multiple clips you might want to just export the entire video at real time with the timecode baked in without nesting it. Then pull that export into your project and speed up the sections where you'd like.

Alternatively, have you tried not nesting the timecode to the video and speeding each one up individually with the same settings?

Nesting certain things like text layers, and it appears timecode, can cause some bugs and issues. This type of nesting is generally better done in After Effects since that is more of a graphics based system rather than Premier which is an NLE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]