FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for volume control filter or plug

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Looking for volume control filter or plug
on Mar 29, 2018 at 12:31:28 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a loudness or volume control plug-in or app. This could be for Premiere or FCPX. Or standalone. Rendering versus real-time is fine. I am already familiar with VideoToolShed's Loudness Change and iZotope's RX Loudness Control.

Typically the ones I'm familiar with will normalize a clip to a target volume based on the highest peak within that clip. This will bring the level of the entire clip up or down, but relative differences within a clip don't change. I also don't want a compressor, since those often sound too harsh. What I want is something more akin to Waves VocalRider.

In other words, it will bring the peak levels down to a target setting, but also raise the quieter sections - all WITHIN a clip, not between clips. The result would be like riding levels, but without the need for keyframing the volume within a clip.

Mac version. Suggestions? TIA.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Rag
Re: Looking for volume control filter or plug
on Mar 29, 2018 at 1:18:45 pm

Waves MV2, Waves Max Volume or PrPro’s Hard limiter, where you set a limit level and boost the input volume , these are the ones that come to mind:) Hope this helps Oliver.

K

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 29, 2018 at 2:00:24 pm

Thanks. I've worked with the hard limiter and it crushed the peaks too much. But I'll check out the Waves products. Although Vocal Rider might still be the best way to go.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 29, 2018 at 2:04:19 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Although Vocal Rider might still be the best way to go"

Speaking of which, I see that right now it's on sale for $29, instead of the usual $249!

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 29, 2018 at 3:52:05 pm

Since Waves is having a sale right now, I ended up picking up MV2 and Vocal Rider dirt cheap. Both do what I want with somewhat different results. Thanks for the suggestion on MV2.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Kevin Rag
on Mar 30, 2018 at 9:57:58 am

My pleasure Oliver:)
You’ve been helping a lot of people here for so long, I’m glad I could suggest something useful to you:)
Kevin

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]