FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro 101 question - how to get out of the editing mode where clicking on the top of my timeline highlights a clip -

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Roberts
Premiere Pro 101 question - how to get out of the editing mode where clicking on the top of my timeline highlights a clip -
on Mar 27, 2018 at 9:29:27 pm

Hi all,

Been cutting in Premiere for like 7 years now and occasionally, I'll jump into someone else's edit and there's a bizarre behavior I can't get Premiere to shake sometimes. Normally, when I click on the top of a timeline where the numbers are with TRT numbers across the entire edit, it puts my playhead marker at that spot and doesn't select any clips. That's what I'm used to with FCP and Avid after all these years. For some reason, other folks that I jump into their edits sometimes have some mode or option clicked somewhere that I can't figure out where if you click anywhere on that long strip of numbers at the top of a timeline, it then HIGHLIGHTS a clip on V1. It's incredibly infuriating as if I have another clip highlighted for adjust color or effects on it, clicking somewhere else in my timeline highlights whatever is on V1. Does anyone know how to get it back to the "normal" behavior?

Bryan

EDITOR
Commercial / Feature / Doc
http://www.BryanRobertsEditor.com

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Premiere Pro 101 question - how to get out of the editing mode where clicking on the top of my timeline highlights a clip -
on Mar 28, 2018 at 12:33:20 am

It's a menu setting.

Sequence > Selection Follows Playhead (make sure it's not checked)

Return to posts index

Bryan Roberts
Re: Premiere Pro 101 question - how to get out of the editing mode where clicking on the top of my timeline highlights a clip -
on Mar 28, 2018 at 12:45:28 am

My God, bless you sir, bless you.

EDITOR

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 28, 2018 at 5:33:49 pm

Any time you go into Lumetri Color, it will turn that option back on. This has been discussed quite a bit in the past. What I've done is made a keyboard shortcut (CMD-1) to turn that on/off. I am usually turning it off.
TC

Return to posts index

Bryan Roberts
on Mar 28, 2018 at 5:58:38 pm

Perfect. I'll just add the keyboard shortcut along with my other keyboard short cut for resetting a current workspace layout because all my bins now open half off screen where I can't access them or close them. God I hope Adobe has a patch that fixes that soon.

EDITOR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]