XML file?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron German
XML file?
on Mar 22, 2018 at 5:58:24 pm
Last Edited By Ron German on Mar 22, 2018 at 6:07:50 pm

Hi
I`m testing Black Magic Resolve 14 and it suposedly can import a Premiere Pro 6 project via XML a PP6 file.
But I can`t find the way to export this MXL file from my Premiere Pro 6 project (other than to Final Cut) .
Any help?
Thanks
Gerron

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: XML file?
on Mar 22, 2018 at 7:27:17 pm

It's been a while since I've been on that version of Premiere. Isn't it just: File, export, Final Cut Pro XML?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 22, 2018 at 7:34:48 pm

Yup, that's the option...on the bottom of the EXPORT list of options

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Mar 22, 2018 at 7:58:43 pm

Well, it seemed the import was not ok; maybe because it`s a XML for Final Cut Pro, not to Black Magic Resolve 14?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 22, 2018 at 9:43:53 pm

I tested on my end...smaller Premiere Pro project, xported XML for FCP 7...imported that into Resolve 12.5...brought in the whole project, bins and all...and sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 23, 2018 at 3:14:05 am

I export out FCP XMLS from Premiere all the time and have never had a problem bringing them into resolve. Did it import the file but it didn't bring everything in or did it not ever import it at all?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Ronaldo German
on Mar 23, 2018 at 1:19:42 pm

I made another test putting several Premiere Pro 6 sequencies toguether (total 1 hour and 8 minutes).
Resolve 14 didn`t bring all the clips - I may understand this because a difficulty finding some folders - but brought aprox. 80% of the clips, and set them correctly.
The Premiere 6 individual clips audio adjustments wasn`t brought to Resolve 14 - the audio clips in Resolve are plain.
Resolve 14 also duplicate the Premiere 6 single R/L audio channels in some sequencies? !
Resolve 14 didn`t brought titles and charater generated clips - they are displayed as media off line.
The convertion also exchanged some clips that have the same number (I haven`t named all the clips - my fault) and are in different folders - I donĀ“t know the criterion it used to do it.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 23, 2018 at 5:26:41 pm

Are you saying it brought everything you wanted into Resolve, it just showed 20% of the clips as missing and you will have to re-link them?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Mar 23, 2018 at 6:32:18 pm

Yes. In fact, it was a mistake; there were aprox 5% missing clips that I`ll will have to re-link.
Thank you for your attention.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 23, 2018 at 7:03:51 pm

But everything else worked other than those 5% clips that you had to re-link?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Mar 23, 2018 at 7:33:18 pm

Please read my message. I described other issues. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 23, 2018 at 7:45:54 pm

Not everything can transfer. Take a look at this chart for help: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FinalCutProX/Refe...

If your goal is to edit in PPro and color grade in Resolve you don't need the audio. And if all the clips transferred over you are good to go. I only color grade in Resolve so I won't be of any help with audio issues. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]