FORUMS: list search recent posts

mercury playback engine gpu acceleration (opencl) problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jirka Mucha
mercury playback engine gpu acceleration (opencl) problem
on Mar 21, 2018 at 1:00:56 pm

Hello, I'm working in a project that worked normaly until today. Now when I open the project some videos looks like this:

However if I change Mercury playback engine software only, video looks ok but also some videos have some unwanted artefacts like this:

kind of lines that are not seen in the original video. I use Intel HD Graphics 530

Thank you in advance for any help

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: mercury playback engine gpu acceleration (opencl) problem
on Mar 21, 2018 at 2:53:54 pm

Could be corrupt media or something wrong with your computer. Do other media files play normally? If you can post one of your media files (DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.) maybe one of us can test on another system.

Return to posts index

Jirka Mucha
on Mar 21, 2018 at 4:36:47 pm

Thank you John. Some videos are ok but most of the videos in the project looks like the first image.

Will try to upload some video tomorrow..

As to the second image. The lines are seen just for a second, only during playback when the video is moving. Looks like bad quality compression.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 21, 2018 at 4:43:50 pm

Your description reminds me of interlaced footage. Is it?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jirka Mucha
on Mar 22, 2018 at 10:19:42 am

1. As to the first image. Media are not corrupted, I used new medias. I checked other projects and found out that many different videos from different project does the same (but only some videos). When I change the project settings for "Mercury playback engine software only" the playback is ok. The thing is that all older projects had settings for "mercury playback engine gpu acceleration (opencl)". But never faced this problem before. So is it possible that the settings for all previous projects has been changed, by itself to "mercury playback engine gpu acceleration (opencl)"? Or another option that something happen with my graphics or computer??

2. The second image. The source video doesn't do the horizontal lines during fast moving scene. It starts doing when I apply lumetri color. Just any slight change I do in lumetri not even using LUT, makes the horizontal lines in the video.

Thank you for any suggestion.

Return to posts index

Jirka Mucha
on Mar 22, 2018 at 7:04:08 pm

Just found out something new. When I uploaded the video on youtube the horizontal lines dissapeared. So it had to do something with a compression and playback in some format. I rendered the video to mp4 and the lines are there (checked in three different computers and the lines appeared in some places in the video. The same video uploaded on youtube has had no lines.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Mar 25, 2018 at 6:04:53 pm

Update your videodriver.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]