FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to avoid media pending with cache?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Osku Petteri
How to avoid media pending with cache?
on Mar 20, 2018 at 11:43:50 am

Hey guys,

I have a project with plenty of 10k+ photo footage. They need to be, cause we are moving a lot inside the photos. I'm using bins to check the thumbnails out, and would like to use source monitor to load the pics in bigger size and check them on my external videomonitor too. The problem is that they always take a minute in "media pending" mode. I'm currently in a process to upgrade my GPU, so please do not start about the specs of my computer (12 core mac pro 5,1 with shitty GPU). I would simply like to "pre media pend" all the material in the project while opening current project. Or better yet, have them all done in the project after one "rendering". Of course I cannot render stuff in bins or in source monitor. What would you recommend in doing? I haven't tried to make any proxys, since these are just single frames, photographs.

Cheers guys!

-O

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: How to avoid media pending with cache?
on Mar 20, 2018 at 2:57:03 pm

AE would handle all those large images a whole lot better than PPro.
TC

Return to posts index

Osku Petteri
on Mar 20, 2018 at 3:51:53 pm

Yes, this is true. In this project I've chosen to use Premiere only, because we have to combine video and a lot of audio tracks with these photos. So your answer won't help, thanks anyways for the reply. Anyone else?

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 21, 2018 at 4:53:39 pm

Be prepared for frustration then. You start putting many of those files into a PPro sequence, you better have patience.
Sorry the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear.
Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 21, 2018 at 5:03:44 pm

Your idea of working in Premiere with thousands of hi-res still images will only result in endless frustration.

Todd is correct, use AE for the stills or be prepared for a lot of problems.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018
Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280
Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Osku Petteri
on Mar 23, 2018 at 5:38:07 am

Did I say thousands? There will not be even hundreds. So two votes for AE, but no answer for the question. Maybe I'll just take your hint, and make the photo sequences in AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]