FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing metadata - sort clips by order used in sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kell Smith
Missing metadata - sort clips by order used in sequence?
on Mar 19, 2018 at 8:02:54 pm

I've been importing clips through the media browser, marking in and out, and editing them into a sequence. Which then places the imported clip in the project window. (then manually moved them to a bin).
After enabling the column for date created and date modified, the column is blank for about half of the clips. It appears to be reading mov, mp4 and m4v files, but not the .mpegs.
Even though they are named by year, sorting by name won't work because for instance, five clips may be taken from year 1997, but not necessarily in order. They are named 1997. m4v on import. I can sort by in point, but the clips are taken out of order on the tape, so that won't accurately show how they are placed in the sequence.
major hassle to go over to the browser and name these clips with a number each time. Does anyone know a workaround or a way to make it add the metadata on the mpegs?

In a related issue, I also tried to set up metadata columns for aspect ratio, field ordering and so on, under the "dynamic media" heading in the metadata window, but those are blank as well. Is this an bug? I am on Cs6.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
Re: Missing metadata - sort clips by order used in sequence?
on Mar 20, 2018 at 12:35:17 pm

Very quiet in here - so I'm thinking the answer is no.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]