FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Cam & Green Screen, Just can't do it...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Cast
Multi Cam & Green Screen, Just can't do it...
on Mar 19, 2018 at 2:34:21 pm

Hi everyone! I've searched in vain for an answer to this the last few days to no avail. I've got a 9 camera multi cam sequence in Premier Pro CC 2018 shot on a green screen. In the "nest", I've pulled the key on each individual video and now have a black background on each in the Multi Cam sequence view. When I go back to the Project Panel to open the "nest", I figured I could just move each video track up and insert my background there, thus making it then visible in the Multi Cam sequence. This isn't working though as the Multi Cam sequence is seeing the additional backgrounds that I put in the nest as separate cameras. I can't figure out how to replace the backgrounds. Does anyone know how? I can do everything else in the nest and then see it in the Multi Cam sequence like color correction, using motion controls etc, but could really use some help. Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Multi Cam & Green Screen, Just can't do it...
on Mar 19, 2018 at 2:51:52 pm

By no means am I an expert in Ppro or AE, but to me it sounds like this job is more suited to a pre-assembly in AE.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 19, 2018 at 3:18:25 pm

I agree with Mark. Multicam isn't really designed to allow for compositing in the nest. Take your nine angles of green screen into AE and create composites, import those back into Premiere and then create a multicam.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018
Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280
Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 19, 2018 at 4:00:01 pm

For simplicity's sake, I recommend cutting unkeyed footage in the multicam sequence.

AE may not be the best place to do the keying. There's no way to know how complex your 9-camera multicam will turn out to be. Furthermore, the keying parameters on those cameras almost certainly will NOT be consistent from camera to camera, and probably not on the same camera over time.

Any way you slice it, this will not be a straightforward, no-brainer keying job.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gerry Cast
on Mar 19, 2018 at 4:23:56 pm

Thanks Mark, Greg and Dave.
The nine angles are all from the same camera, a Canon XF100, all shot the same day with the same lighting.
I appreciate the advice.
I'm not that good with AE, so I'm not sure how to create the comps. So, do you mean that I Dynamically Link to AE, one clip at a time and pull the key there with Keylight? and then save it and have it show up in PPro again? And then make the Multic Cam with those AE clips?
Thanks again guys.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Mar 19, 2018 at 7:02:20 pm

Nest the multicam cut and use that just like you would use any clip.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 19, 2018 at 7:14:31 pm

Here's one option:

create your comps in AE and export them out as renders. You can create the keyed comps in Premiere as well so it's a matter of what you feel more comfortable in.

here's a tutorial for AE green screen comping:
https://library.creativecow.net/video_page.php?author_folder=rabinowitz_aha...

Once you have all of the comps in Premiere then start your multi-cam process.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018
Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280
Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Gerry Cast
on Mar 20, 2018 at 2:38:44 am

Thanks so much Paul and Greg. I'm going to try that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]