FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cineform Quality settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Douglass
Cineform Quality settings
on Mar 18, 2018 at 1:39:12 am

Hello, what quality setting should I use for cineform? my native footage is avchd. I know I could edit native but I've tried and I don't like how avchd has the clips in a folder structure and I'd like to transcode and rename the files. Also learned the hard way if you rename the avchd .mts clips it messes up the media.

I've heard 3 setting in cineform is high quality and it is supposedly required for DVD but I tried 2 setting for medium and it looked almost identical. Can I use medium quality setting to DVD as well?

Also, what does cineform.com mean when it says filmscan 2 quality is for rigorous post? How do you define what that is? If I'm cropping scaling, color grading, using green screen chorma key etc is that rigorous post? Should I just use the highest quality since I have the storage space and not worry if I'm doing what's classfied as rigorous post?

Thanks,

Bryce

Bryce

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Cineform Quality settings
on Mar 18, 2018 at 2:52:43 pm

Cineform YUV 10 bit will do just fine.
If you are using Encore for dvd export out of Premiere as mpeg2-dvd.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Mar 18, 2018 at 3:56:20 pm

Yes but what quality? There is 5 4 3 2 and 1. 5 and 4 is filmscan and 3 is high etc

Bryce

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 18, 2018 at 5:19:41 pm

High is just fine ! Filmscan 1 and 2 will put a lot of stress on your computer / cpu and your footage will not gain anything i quality !

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Mar 18, 2018 at 5:35:42 pm

okay thanks,

What about say for instance I do lots of scaling. I often will be editing chroma key green screen and scaling different objects etc from video. Should I use filmscan then?

Bryce

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 18, 2018 at 5:54:34 pm

If your footage come from avchd - then no !

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Mar 21, 2018 at 9:56:36 am

I do know bad things happen if you transcode half sampling down to 4:2:2 instead of 4:4:4. You're losing half your chroma information in the transcode. you visually won't see it, but your keying plugin will.
http://cineform.com/444-vs-422

also, if you do any gamma changes, you need to export to a 10 bit codec as seen here.
http://cineform.com/10-bit-vs-8-bit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]