FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cineform Quality settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Douglass
Cineform Quality settings
on Mar 18, 2018 at 1:39:12 am

Hello, what quality setting should I use for cineform? my native footage is avchd. I know I could edit native but I've tried and I don't like how avchd has the clips in a folder structure and I'd like to transcode and rename the files. Also learned the hard way if you rename the avchd .mts clips it messes up the media.

I've heard 3 setting in cineform is high quality and it is supposedly required for DVD but I tried 2 setting for medium and it looked almost identical. Can I use medium quality setting to DVD as well?

Also, what does cineform.com mean when it says filmscan 2 quality is for rigorous post? How do you define what that is? If I'm cropping scaling, color grading, using green screen chorma key etc is that rigorous post? Should I just use the highest quality since I have the storage space and not worry if I'm doing what's classfied as rigorous post?

Thanks,

Bryce

Bryce

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Cineform Quality settings
on Mar 18, 2018 at 2:52:43 pm

Cineform YUV 10 bit will do just fine.
If you are using Encore for dvd export out of Premiere as mpeg2-dvd.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Mar 18, 2018 at 3:56:20 pm

Yes but what quality? There is 5 4 3 2 and 1. 5 and 4 is filmscan and 3 is high etc

Bryce

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 18, 2018 at 5:19:41 pm

High is just fine ! Filmscan 1 and 2 will put a lot of stress on your computer / cpu and your footage will not gain anything i quality !

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Mar 18, 2018 at 5:35:42 pm

okay thanks,

What about say for instance I do lots of scaling. I often will be editing chroma key green screen and scaling different objects etc from video. Should I use filmscan then?

Bryce

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 18, 2018 at 5:54:34 pm

If your footage come from avchd - then no !

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Jan 2, 2019 at 3:09:26 pm

[Ole Kristiansen] "If your footage come from avchd - then no !"

Well this is interesting. After several tests quality 4 is better than quality 3 with avchd. I transcoded two tests for quality 3 and 4 and imported them in premiere. I then put each cineform file above the avchd file and changed the program monitor window to 100 percent view and turned on and off the track view for the cineform file. quality 3 was blurry vs the avchd file while quality 4 was the same as the avchd file

Bryce

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Mar 21, 2018 at 9:56:36 am

I do know bad things happen if you transcode half sampling down to 4:2:2 instead of 4:4:4. You're losing half your chroma information in the transcode. you visually won't see it, but your keying plugin will.
http://cineform.com/444-vs-422

also, if you do any gamma changes, you need to export to a 10 bit codec as seen here.
http://cineform.com/10-bit-vs-8-bit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]