FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import preview files?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malcolm DeSoto
Import preview files?
on Mar 16, 2018 at 2:25:24 am

Curious if there’s anyway to import and view adobe preview files once the source footage is gone.

Had a hard drive fail and am trying to think of any way to salvage any of the footage.

Before the drive went bad, I had rendered a lot of the footage. Would it be possible to import those renders somehow?????

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Import preview files?
on Mar 16, 2018 at 4:24:57 am

If you had your previews set to some high quality format, such as Pro Res or DNX HD/HR, you can play them or import them just like any other video media.

They have no audio, however. Unless you always rendered your audio, you won't necessarily have matching audio preview files

Return to posts index

Malcolm DeSoto
on Mar 16, 2018 at 4:54:33 am

Well, that’s a positive start! I’ll try importing these files tomorrow. I did render the audio so hopefully I can find and sync that up

Return to posts index

Malcolm DeSoto
on Mar 16, 2018 at 4:57:16 am

Is there a way to link these preview files directly to the sequence I rendered them from, rather than importing them manually?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 18, 2018 at 7:28:47 pm

Maybe. Never tried. They won’t have the same clip names, but they do have timecode. You might want to import them then go clip by clip through the sequence to determine which media file corresponds to the offline clip. Then manually “Link Media”. It would be a daunting task for a complex sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]