FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mpeg Render Error?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malcolm DeSoto
Mpeg Render Error?
on Mar 14, 2018 at 8:10:22 pm

System Specs:
Windows 10, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1050x, Nvidia GTX 1080, After Effects CC 2018.

I seem to get a render error when trying to render a project within Premiere that also utilizes Dynamic Link.

I get the attached error. The weird thing is that there are no MPEGs within my sequence. All the footage is MXF files linked to AE via Dynamic Link.

If I render out these clips from AE as Quicktimes and import them into Premiere and replace the Linked Comps, it renders fine...

Is this just more CC 2018 bugs?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mpeg Render Error?
on Mar 14, 2018 at 11:05:24 pm

Yup. Pleasant, aren't they?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Malcolm DeSoto
on Mar 15, 2018 at 12:29:45 am

So this is an error you've seen before? Is there anyone running CC 2018 successfully?

I should be a full time Adobe employee with how much time I spend trouble shooting their awful software updates.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 15, 2018 at 3:56:18 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 15, 2018 at 4:07:52 pm

Truth be told, I stay one version behind. I installed CC 2017 a week before CC 2018 came out. It had all the bug fixes it was going to get. Haven't had any problems.

And on the forums, I simply read the tales of woe surrounding CC 2018. And I read about the Adobe evangelists recommending the latest bug fixes of CC 2018 as cure-alls. Occasionally, the bug fixes actually help!

And then I laugh at the whole sorry Adobe situation. Because if I didn't laugh, I might turn to violence.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Malcolm DeSoto
on Mar 16, 2018 at 2:26:25 am

Damn, burn me once!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 16, 2018 at 4:03:06 am

The MPEG preview in this case means the format you have as the sequence preview codec. You're also rendering these previews to the system drive which might be a party of the problem. Try changing your project scratch disks to some other drive.

Return to posts index

Malcolm DeSoto
on Mar 16, 2018 at 4:55:40 am

I did switch the scratch disks, which is weird. I also cleared the media cache, but maybe I need to go and manually delete those.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]