FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to add an audio file to 6 audio tracks at once?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Wynn
How to add an audio file to 6 audio tracks at once?
on Mar 13, 2018 at 10:56:28 pm

I have a 5.1 surround sound with 6 mono channels. To add sound, currently I'm dragging in the audio file 6 times to each of the 6 audio channels. Is there a faster way I can do this? Such as dragging the audio file in once to all channels?
Also is there a way of adding an audio file to a specific frame?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: How to add an audio file to 6 audio tracks at once?
on Mar 13, 2018 at 11:33:44 pm

What are you trying to do? A 5.1 mix doesn't have the same audio on all tracks. Typically dialogue is often only on the center channel, SFX on the L&R and/or rears. Music typically on the L&R and LFE. So you wouldn't have dialogue on all 6 channels - or music - or SFX, unless there's some special circumstance.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Dylan Wynn
on Mar 13, 2018 at 11:49:53 pm

I need 6 audio tracks because I'm making a movie which will be sent to a film festival. They require 5.1 surround sound. This is also required by movie distributors.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 14, 2018 at 1:22:35 am
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Mar 14, 2018 at 1:26:48 am

I understand what you want to end up with. I just don't understand what you mean by editing an audio file to 6 channels. What am I missing? Your description sounds like you want to take a single audio clip and edit it to 6 channels, thus replicating it 6 times.

Also this question isn't clear: "Also is there a way of adding an audio file to a specific frame?"

Are you using your track patching and mark ins/outs to perform edits? No offense, but dragging clips to the timeline is a pretty inefficient way to work, which could be the reason you are having difficulty with frame accurate edits. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Dylan Wynn
on Mar 14, 2018 at 4:40:25 pm

Dragging audio clips into the timeline is the only way I know of moving the audio file in. Whats the correct way of doing it?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 14, 2018 at 4:46:44 pm

[Dylan Wynn] "Dragging audio clips into the timeline is the only way I know of moving the audio file in. Whats the correct way of doing it?"

Open the audio clip into the source viewer from the browser by double-clicking. Mark an in-point and out-point for that clip in the source viewer. Make sure the track patching is correctly assigned in the timeline panel, so that your source track button is directly across from the the desired target track in your sequence. Make sure the source track button is enabled (highlighted). Then, on the timeline/sequence side, mark the in-point where you want the edit to start. Then do an overwrite or insert edit (depending on what you are doing).

Does that make sense? Apologies if I'm being too basic, but it's a standard 3-point edit approach.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Dylan Wynn
on Mar 14, 2018 at 4:59:46 pm

Ok, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]