FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyboard shortcut for selecting the razor tool (C) and then holding down Shift to cut at the playhead

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Anderson
Keyboard shortcut for selecting the razor tool (C) and then holding down Shift to cut at the playhead
on Mar 9, 2018 at 5:05:48 am

Hi,

I make tutorial videos with a picture in picture talking head clip on top of a full screen screencast clip. I always need to keep the two clips in sync.

I constantly select the razor tool (C) and then hold down Shift and left click to cut through all clips at the playhead. Is there a way I can set up a keyboard shortcut so I can just position the playhead and then hit a single key to cut through all clips?

I know I can use Ctrl-Shift-K but that only cuts selected tracks. If I accidentally don't have all tracks selected and don't notice it will mess up my edit, I'd have to go back and do the whole thing again. Doing it the way described above always cuts through all tracks, it ignores track selection but it's really clunky.

Thanks!
Neil

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Keyboard shortcut for selecting the razor tool (C) and then holding down Shift to cut at the playhead
on Mar 9, 2018 at 6:20:58 pm

On a mac, I do CMD-K for layers, and SHIFT-CMD-K to razor through all tracks. If you don't have a keyboard shortcut, you should be able to set it up. Go to your keyboard shortcuts and look for "Add Edit to All Tracks".
TC

Return to posts index

Neil Anderson
Re: Keyboard shortcut for selecting the razor tool (C) and then holding down Shift to cut at the playhead
on Mar 11, 2018 at 9:44:02 am

Oh man Ctrl-Shift-K DOES razor through all tracks! (Whether they're selected or not.)

I'd added a custom keyboard shortcut for 'Add Edit' instead of 'Add Edit for All Tracks'. I'm a dumbass. Thanks very much for your help Todd, I wouldn't have realised if you hadn't told me the correct command name.

Thanks,
Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]