FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to add a background to a text box in Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Anderson
How to add a background to a text box in Premiere Pro?
on Mar 9, 2018 at 2:47:27 am

Hi,

I'm trying to add a simple text box with a colored background in Premiere Pro CC 2017.0.2.

I hit Ctrl-T to bring up the text tool and can add text as an overlay to the video. I want to add a colored background to the textbox but when I click the 'background' checkbox it adds a background which covers up the entire video. How do I add a background to the text box only so I can still see the video underneath?

I know for sure this is a stupid question but it's driving me nuts. I'm moving over from Camtasia and loving Premiere Pro's advanced features, but OMG do they really have to make simple tasks so complicated and not intuitive?!

Thanks very much for your help,
Neil

Return to posts index

Manish Chaudhary
Re: How to add a background to a text box in Premiere Pro?
on Mar 9, 2018 at 11:16:36 am

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/essential-graphics-panel.html
please take a look at this video

Return to posts index

Neil Anderson
on Mar 11, 2018 at 10:10:33 am

Thanks Manish, it's a good tutorial but it doesn't answer my question. I can add overlay text to the video but I want to add a background to the text box.

Return to posts index

Manish Chaudhary
on Mar 11, 2018 at 8:16:33 pm

its in the new "Essential Graphic" Panel. where you can add text and also when you adding text you can add rectangle under you text that can be Pinned to text so whenever you write text the rectangle can be scaled up and down as your text increased or decreased.

Return to posts index

Keith Faber
on Apr 3, 2018 at 6:06:14 pm

Hey Neil, if you haven't figured it out I just did. When you're in the Graphics Panel, you need to click the icon for "new" at the top (right below your graphics) and you can select rectangle there. Then jut put the rectangle underneath your text layer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]