FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert Mono ".mov" files to Stereo Files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dante Majorana
Convert Mono ".mov" files to Stereo Files
on Mar 8, 2018 at 5:51:43 pm

I'm using Premiere CC2018 to edit a film. For each take, we have 2 different clips: the original from the camera with a stereo audio and a high quality audio file recorded with a quality audio device which returned a WAV mono file.

I synch the two files using an additional software which returns a new clip which is Mono.

We edited the film using the original sound from the camera to create a story flow, leaving the additional editing work to a second phase as audio, effects, colour timing and more, make sense once the story flow works and the story is interesting for the audience.

In premiere the edited sequence is "stereo" and if I attempt to relink the new files which have the same name but are in a different drive I always get an error. The same happens if I export the original as ".XML".

In other words I continue to use the original editing ways when we had film, all over the room and flatbed moviolas with 5 screens. I am happy with my results, as they work well with my professional and successful film editing decades.

Does anyone know a way to import these files in the original already edited sequence? I set the "Audio" preferences to "file" but it still gives errors. What else can I do to link the files?

Batch converting the files is an option, but I don't hope to reedit the whole film ....

Thanks for any suggestion

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]