FORUMS: list search recent posts

Open captions edge color gives strange artifacts (spikes)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michiel Niesten
Open captions edge color gives strange artifacts (spikes)
on Mar 8, 2018 at 11:25:55 am

Dear creative geniuses,

The topic says all. Increasingly I'm being asked to add subtitles to my movies (because Fb automatically plays movies without sound?). I'd like my subtitles to have an edge color for readability; an option Premiere's Open Captions offers.

The problem I encounter is that premiere renders these edges strangely and adds "spikes" to the corners of characters (see image). In illustrator I used to have the same problem (I think they fixed it), but I could adjust the stroke to have a round join or inside stroke instead of outside stroke to fix it. Premiere does not seem to have any options for the edge in Open Captions. Does anyone know a workaround (or fix it altogether).

(using up-to-date Premiere Pro CC v12.0.0)

Many thanks,
Michiel

Return to posts index

Bram van Oosterhout
Re: Open captions edge color gives strange artifacts (spikes)
on Mar 26, 2018 at 2:56:08 pm

This is a very annoying issue, I am experiencing the same as you described above.

Return to posts index

Tom Valens
Re: Open captions edge color gives strange artifacts (spikes)
on Mar 26, 2018 at 6:57:50 pm

I am having the exact same problem. Most noticeable for me with top of upper case M. In addition, I find the whole Captions window to be extremely slow and cumbersome. Any way to hop to top of captions list to make changes and then back down to current caption? Just finished an hour long documentary with lots of captions - it ultimately worked for the most part (although had the problem of spiked caption outlines) but it was like pulling teeth.

Tom Valens
Tamalpais Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]