FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Disk Error Occurred While Attempting To Access The Following File

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Pasquariello
A Disk Error Occurred While Attempting To Access The Following File
on Mar 7, 2018 at 8:25:49 pm

Hey there, having a bit of trouble getting audio from a bunch of files, hoping someone can help. PC & HD specs at bottom.

I was handed a drive with 5 days worth of footage on it, no RAW files, only transcoded ProRes proxy files. Not sure how many files this affects so far, but I noticed this error when trying to export an interview where the audio was recorded direct to cam - there is no audio being generated.

The error that comes up when I import the affected files is: "A Disk Error Occurred While Attempting To Access The Following File"

I went to the appdata and deleted the cache, media cache and peak files. When I reopened the project there was audio!!! ...but once that file conformed in the project, I lost the audio again. Weird...

It being labeled a "disk error" is making me think it has to do with the drive, but I copied the file to my desktop and tried importing that - same thing. I also tried drag and drop import vs. media browser import, both are the same result. I can confirm the audio is there, when playing in VLC, QuickTime 7, Windows Media Player, etc. it has audio. Just when it's imported into premiere, premiere can't keep to read that...

I've also opened up this same project on a Mac and the issue is present there as well, so that rules out it being a ProRes file having trouble with Windows, etc. Though, for whatever reason, the first 1:50 of the clip has audio on a Mac, then it cuts out.

Anyway, does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Not all files on the drive are affected, and not all files from that specific folder or day are affected. It seems to be random (I can't figure out a link between affected files).

Thanks in advance.

PC:
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
i7-7700K 4.2GHz
32GB RAM
GTX 1080ti 11GB

HDD:
4TB external G-Drive (USB-C connection)

Return to posts index

Jacob Johnson
Re: A Disk Error Occurred While Attempting To Access The Following File
on Apr 5, 2018 at 10:48:52 pm

Hello,

I am experiencing the exact same error. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks
jacob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]