FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Archive Bins

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Sanders
How to Archive Bins
on Mar 7, 2018 at 6:28:08 pm

The Project Manager basically only backs up *sequences*, right? It does nothing with the bins in a project.

I have a template project for my show. It has a bunch of important resources - like stock sfx, music and dialogue (efforts, etc) - which don't live in any particular sequences.

I would like to create an archive of this template project, which would pull together copies of all the resources I've accumulated over time on this show - which live in bins, not sequences - in the same way that Project Manager would pull together copies of all the elements used in a sequence.

Is there any way to do this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to Archive Bins
on Mar 7, 2018 at 8:26:26 pm

Sure -- make a special project file with all the important stuff already in it.
When you begin a new edit project, open this project file, rename it and save it as the new project.

Couldn't be easier. I do it all the time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tom Sanders
Re: How to Archive Bins
on Mar 7, 2018 at 9:06:13 pm

That's easy if the source media for 'all the important stuff' is stored in one place, and will be there a year from now when you need it again. That's not the case here, where the source material are clips from nearly a hundred episodes which will no longer be in their original locations (or even available at all) the next time this project file is needed.

I found a great solution, however, in a blog post here: http://www.thepremierepro.com/blog-1/2016/1/4/hey-project-manager-whered-my...

It's a workaround using After Effects, but it accomplishes the most challenging goals: maintaining the bin structure and pulling together all the media from disparate sources.

Amazing that this functionality, which Adobe already has in AE, isn't built into PP.

Thanks!

- Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]