FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing 23.98p & 59.94p to a video that will be broadcasted in PAL.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ido shor
Editing 23.98p & 59.94p to a video that will be broadcasted in PAL.
on Mar 6, 2018 at 8:55:25 am

Heya mates.

I know its a tedious subject to deal with, but every once in a few years you come across a project in which you have to answer those questions again.... so sorry in advance.

My issue is that I am editing a video with one footage that was filmed in 23.94p and has synced Audio with it (recorded on a mixer which was set to that frame rate). and another footage that was set to 59.94p with no audio.

all this goodness need to be conformed into a 25p (PAL) sequence in order to be ready for broadcasting in a Euro TV. (PAL based).

how do I approach that?

and if the video will only be shown on the web, should I approach it differently? maybe just keep the 23.94p NTSC frame rate?

Thanks! really need you help here ASAP.
IDO

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Editing 23.98p & 59.94p to a video that will be broadcasted in PAL.
on Mar 6, 2018 at 3:45:32 pm

First, you need to know the correct frame rate. It is NOT 23.98. It is NOT 23.94. It is, in fact, 23.976 frames per second.

Personally, I would edit at 23.976, export and then conform to 25. I assume you're aware that the process of conforming creates a slight change in speed.

Either the 23.976 or the 25 versions would work on a web site. Both would be progressive.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Editing 23.98p & 59.94p to a video that will be broadcasted in PAL.
on Mar 6, 2018 at 5:43:32 pm

Why not just interpret the footage to 25p and 50p in your bins, and edit it on a 25p timeline? Premiere can handle it without a problem, and then you don't have to screw around with dealing with the changes to timing that would occur when you conform after the final export. You'd just edit to the existing broadcast spec.

You might need to export your final audio from the conformed clips for a pitch shift pass through Audition, since the sound will be slowed down: I think you'd need to pitch it up by around 4%. If it's not noticeable, though, you could just leave it. You'd want to do that separately from any music, which you wouldn't want to change.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]