FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using the pen tool to create opacity mask almost always actives rotate function!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Smith
Using the pen tool to create opacity mask almost always actives rotate function!
on Mar 6, 2018 at 3:49:26 am

I'm trying to use the pen tool and create a opacity mask. Yet, while attempting to draw the mask in the program monitor, almost every single time, as I click the pen tool to add the point, it turns into the rotate tool and shifts the mask to a new rotation orientation.

I would do anything to permanently shut off the rotate function, or at least have it active only if I hit a key on the keyboard. I'm finding this to be extremely difficult to use as is.

I have played around trying to figure out what triggers it the rotate function, but I cannot figure out any pattern. Nothing seems to override it, either. It seems like Premiere is extremely concerned that I might want to rotate my entire mask, rather than actually draw it in the first place.

Using 2017 Premiere Pro

Thanks!

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Using the pen tool to create opacity mask almost always actives rotate function!
on Mar 6, 2018 at 11:27:14 pm

i have the same complaint. i usually magnify the image in the program monitor to avoid the problem. like go to +100 or +150 etc.

Return to posts index

Michiel Niesten
Re: Using the pen tool to create opacity mask almost always actives rotate function!
on Mar 8, 2018 at 11:40:34 am

Same problem here. I either zoom in on the program monitor or adjust the mask when it's "finished" (dragging/adding points seems not to activate the rotation as easily.)

Michiel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]