FORUMS: list search recent posts

Odd Behavior with PPro 2018 Project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Rutherford
Odd Behavior with PPro 2018 Project
on Mar 4, 2018 at 3:46:23 am

I am having a bizarre issue with a PPro project file that is causing me great frustration.

It is a MultiCam project using four 1080p source files (plus extra wav files) and I can open it, see all media, etc. in the project panel and it all looks normal. System resources look good, etc.

Then I attempt to play the main timeline (the final MultiCam sequence) or even scrub/jump around and the system goes nuts. 100% disk usage, 99% memory usage. It virtually grinds everything to a standstill.

Other projects (even those as complex as this) work fine. I usually have to force quit PPro and reopen to get another project going because the resources are being taxed.

When looking at the resource monitor, the pagefile.sys entry is getting hit hard by PPro during this time. Not sure if that's worth mentioning or not.

I'm not even sure where to start on this, as I've never had this happen before. I've been on 2018 since it was released, and have used PPro for nearly 15 years and this is the first time I've ever had a project do this to me.

Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

SYSTEM:
HP Omen 870-244
Intel i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 64-bit
Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB

Stephen Rutherford
YuletideMedia.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Rutherford
Re: Odd Behavior with PPro 2018 Project
on Mar 4, 2018 at 4:56:16 am