FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro Missing Video Filter

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Wiesjahn
Premiere Pro Missing Video Filter
on Mar 2, 2018 at 2:25:08 pm

Trying to open a Premiere Pro Project created by someone else and I get this message;
Video Filter missing: AE.ADBE.MPEG.Source Settings. Several of the video clips will not payback properly in premiere, but play fine in VLC and other players. Any ideas?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premiere Pro Missing Video Filter
on Mar 2, 2018 at 3:03:20 pm

Transcode the clips.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan Wiesjahn
on Mar 2, 2018 at 4:14:04 pm

Thanks Dave. I tried to transcode the clip within premiere/Media Encoder but the clip showed the same tearing I was seeing in the original. I guess I could transcode the clips in a different application and then import them in, but doesn't answer the question of why when I open a new project on my own system, I can play the clips just fine. It's only when I am opening up a project created by another editor with a (PC) I get this message and the clips will not play back properly. In the past we have shared projects with no problems.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Mar 2, 2018 at 5:26:00 pm

I doubt that the PC has anything to do with the issue. Have you tried opening a new project and just importing the sequence from the other project?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Dan Wiesjahn
on Mar 2, 2018 at 6:31:26 pm

Hey Greg, thanks for the response.
Yes, that seams to fix the playback issue. It must be some type of incompatibility between our preferences or versions.
After this project I'll see if both of us update at the same time we can get rid of the issue.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Cairns
on Mar 4, 2018 at 2:25:08 pm

Dan,
[Dan Wiesjahn] "After this project I'll see if both of us update at the same time we can get rid of the issue.
"

This sounds like the same situation I came across. We've got a team of three editors working on the same projects at various points. Recently we had the same dialog warning about the encoder and what looked like digital dropouts throughout certain (but not all) footage. But we only got that on two of the three machines (all Mac environment). The third machine had no issues with the same projects. Once that third machine opened and saved the projects the other two macs would have the issues.

After troubleshooting it was pinned down to the fact that one person had run the adobe update to the latest version of PrP (12.0.1) while the others were still on the previous version (12.0). Once the other two machines were updated all if the issues we'd seen were gone.

Sounds like you got around the issue by copying and pasting into a new project. But be warned if you pass this project back and forth with the other editor the problem probably rear its ugly head once again.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

Dan Wiesjahn
on Mar 4, 2018 at 6:41:52 pm

Thanks on the feedback Jon.
Sounds like the same thing to me.
We will do the update as soon as we get through this project.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 2, 2018 at 5:45:19 pm

My guess your buddy has a codec that you don't have.... or since it sounds like you're on a Mac, one that you can't get.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]