FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Gain Normalization Grinds After CC2018 Update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tod Hopkins
Audio Gain Normalization Grinds After CC2018 Update
on Feb 28, 2018 at 6:41:53 pm

Audio Gain "Normalize" is grinding extremely slowly. I'd estimate 15 minutes to normalize a 30 minute clip with two tracks. This is not normal at all.

Activity Monitor shows minimal CPU. No lack of available resources. No errors. Just slow to the point of appearing locked up.

OSX 10.11.6, El Cap latest
Adobe CC2018 latest updates

Anybody else seeing this? Any ideas?

Cheers,
tod

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Audio Gain Normalization Grinds After CC2018 Update
on Feb 28, 2018 at 8:44:44 pm

Have you tried clearing out your cache? Preferences, Media Cache, Clean Unused.
TC

Return to posts index

Tod Hopkins
Re: Audio Gain Normalization Grinds After CC2018 Update
on Feb 28, 2018 at 10:37:50 pm

I deleted the media cache and the peak files, and also "cleaned" the database (now called "Delete Unused"). That did not help.

The heart of the problem seems to be calculating "Peak Amplitude." When you open the Audio Gain dialog, you see the calculating message at the bottom. This calculation is now taking about 30-50% of the runtime of the clip. If you normalize after the value is calculated, no problem. If you try to normalize before the calculation is done OR cancel, you will effectively lock up for this period of time in any case. I've had to Force Quit repeatedly just to test this.

I don't remember ever waiting significantly to normalize. It now takes so long I simply can't do it. If you set a new gain level instead of normalizing, that works fine. It simply makes the adjustment.

A second normalization option has been added. I fear there is a bug in the implementation of this.

Cheers,
tod

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]