Footage is glitching in Premiere, raw files are not

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaleigh Quinn
Footage is glitching in Premiere, raw files are not
on Feb 28, 2018 at 6:28:47 pm
Last Edited By Kaleigh Quinn on Mar 2, 2018 at 4:55:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm editing a piece right now and the footage is wonky. It's hard to describe but it looks like a glitch effect has been added to the footage. This is not in the raw footage but happens during playback in Premiere. I tried it on a co-worker's computer on their version of Premiere and it is totally normal. It is present on the export from my computer. I've included a screenshot so you can have a better idea of what I'm talking about. It happens when it is rendered and not rendered. Deleting render files and preferences has done nothing and I am having trouble finding advice anywhere. Has anyone experienced a problem with this before?

Return to posts index

Jon Cairns
Re: Footage is glitching in Premiere, raw files are not
on Mar 4, 2018 at 2:35:43 pm

Kaleigh,

This looks like the same situation I had. Wound up being that an editor I worked with had updated PrP without thinking. So they were running v12.0.1 while I was running v12.0. So I recommend that you double check which versions you're both running. We are all running Macs.

if this is the case with your situation, the good news is once you update those issues are resolved with no additional work. But it was a tricky one for me to troubleshoot since the other editor hadn't even remembered updating.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

Kaleigh Quinn
on Mar 6, 2018 at 9:43:12 pm

Jon,

Thank you!!!! I didn't even realize I had an update available and it fixed everything.

Return to posts index

Jon Harmon
on Mar 6, 2018 at 6:43:37 pm

Hey Kaleigh,

Myself and some of my team mates are experiencing a similar issue. What are the specifications of the footage that you are working with when you observe this glitch?

We have a hunch that it is related to the mp4 footage our Sony A7sII creates.

- Jon

Return to posts index

Kaleigh Quinn
on Mar 6, 2018 at 9:44:18 pm

Jon,

It was shot on the 5dmIV and the Canon C200. Mostly the 4k footage that was freaking out. Updating to the newest version of Premiere did seem to solve that problem.

Return to posts index

Jon Harmon
on Mar 7, 2018 at 8:08:25 pm

Thanks for the response, Kaleigh. We also had problems when using footage from a 5D. Just went ahead and updated and things seem to be resolved. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]