FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to convert 25fps drone footage for 23.98 project?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Roberts
Best way to convert 25fps drone footage for 23.98 project?
on Feb 27, 2018 at 12:23:09 am

Just as it says. Great short doc commercial project, beautiful footage, DP accidentally shot drone footage at 25 so now I have a stutter in motion in 23.98 timeline in Premiere. Is there any way to make this footage work in 23.98? world?

EDITOR
Commercial / Feature / Doc
http://www.BryanRobertsEditor.com

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Best way to convert 25fps drone footage for 23.98 project?
on Feb 27, 2018 at 1:47:10 am

if you don't care about sound sync, right click on it and select Modify/Interpret footage. Change the frame rate to 23.98 to match the project.

Return to posts index

Bryan Roberts
on Feb 27, 2018 at 2:04:33 am

I don’t need sound. I tried that way, and ended up with horrible motion artifacts! Is there another trick or program that could interpret the footage properly?

EDITOR

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 27, 2018 at 2:16:06 am

Try a frame rate of 23.976. That is the REAL frame rate. 23.98 is just a simplification of the real frame rate. Apprently some people think others are afraid of frame rates taken to 3 decimal places.

If that doesn't help, you have done something wrong.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 27, 2018 at 4:02:01 am

Definitely check what Dave said... the frame rate should be set to 23.976, not the shorthand 23.98.

There shouldn't be any motion artifacts. Its playing each frame at the new frame rate with no interpolation.
Something isn't right with the footage or the sequence settings...or, if you have Kona or Blackmagic card, that may be set improperly.

Return to posts index

Bryan Roberts
on Feb 27, 2018 at 4:02:26 pm
Last Edited By Bryan Roberts on Feb 27, 2018 at 4:05:54 pm

Thanks everyone. So I was entering 23.98 vs 23.976 and because the media was heavily compressed 4k drone footage with a 2.35 matte on top as well as trying to handle the frame rate conversion on the fly, Premiere was stuttering during playback when I first made the change. Now that I re-open the project though, it plays back fine in my timeline (I'm running a 1080ti with 3.46 ghz octo so it should be able to play back ok). When I did a test export, it confirms the smoothness! Thanks again all. Wonderfully simple fix.

EDITOR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]