FORUMS: list search recent posts

capturing audio mini plug, right channel only. ideas?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
capturing audio mini plug, right channel only. ideas?
on Feb 23, 2018 at 4:10:49 pm

Hey guys,

quick issue I'm having--

have an older macbook pro with 3.5 mini jacks (in and out) running premiere pro on a Mountian Lion OS. trying to capture audio from an old, OLD audio cassette recording. My setup is simple:

tape deck with RCA stereo out (L/R) to mini 3.5 stereo plug
plug connects to macbook in jack
In premiere pro, adjusted settings for line input and can capture audio in a sequence by clicking on the little mic icon in the timeline.

The problem,

audio only records to the right channel, not left.

I've tried a few cables and alternated the jacks in the tape machine (machine audio level readers show l/r playback fine), but no luck. Also checked the audio mixer, and other things to see if I assigned right channel capture only. All seems fine (stereo capture).

I'm thinking it's either a software or system preference setting, or (gulp) the in out jack will no longer can capture stereo left in.

Any advice on things to check? Thanks in Advance.

Rick

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: capturing audio mini plug, right channel only. ideas?
on Feb 23, 2018 at 5:24:25 pm

How are you taking the L/R RCA into a stereo 3.5? And you're sure it will keep L/R when combined into the 3.5? And the 3.5 plug is stereo with two black rings on the male plug? You are using something like this, correct: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=asc_df_B01D5H8KO25381273/?tag=hypr...
I'm just double checking all this.

If so, I have had some issues with some 3.5 stereo plugs that also allowed a microphone and needed to slightly pull the plug out a little to get a good connection. Not saying that's the case, but another possibility.

Return to posts index

Rick Neely
Re: capturing audio mini plug, right channel only. ideas?
on Feb 23, 2018 at 6:12:15 pm

Todd,

yes I have a couple like this. Been doing this kind of capture for Sooooooo many years. That's why I'm pretty certain I have ruled out a bad or incorrect cable.

Rick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]