FORUMS: list search recent posts

Screen Freezing A Few Minutes Into Rendering Sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oisin Barrett
Screen Freezing A Few Minutes Into Rendering Sequence
on Feb 18, 2018 at 2:14:05 am

Hello all! So I've been having a weird issue with Premiere Pro on my custom built PC running windows 10 version 1709. I'm pretty tech savvy so its a bit puzzling to me why it does this.

The jist of the issue is, if I render anything, and to trouble shoot ive tried different formats, different lengths of clip, resolutions, frame rates etc. It does the same exact thing and crashes in almost the same amount of time. After 2-3 minutes of rendering, the screen will freeze, mouse can not be moved, CTRL+ALT+DEL does nothing etc. Have to hold the power button in order to force restart the computer.

The computer is stable and can not be crashed doing anything else other than in Premiere Pro. I can watch videos, play graphic intensive games etc.

Whats more, in order to assess, I also have switched in and out, multiple different graphics cards that I have(that work great on my other pcs), and also ram. To see if thats the issue, it isn't. Including to different slots on the motherboard, pcie and ram slots respectively. Temps show perfectly within the normal range while rendering for all computer parts, not even close to overheating on anything.

When talking to Adobe support, they just had me switch to software only rendering and that did nothing. Here are the exact specs of the computer in case that helps! Thanks! ☺

CPU: AMD FX 9590 8 Core 4.7GHZ Processor(not overclocked or even touched in bios)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 2GB Graphics Card 128 Bit GDDR5(But have switched in other g cards)
Ram: 2x4GB Corsair Vengenance 1600MHZ DDR3 Ram(but again have switched in other ram with no difference in what happens)
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V formula-Z
Hard Drive: 128GB Samsung 850 SSD
Software: Latest Premiere Pro CC(and other CC software)
Monitor: Samsung 28 Inch UHD Monitor running via Displayport at 60Hz

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Screen Freezing A Few Minutes Into Rendering Sequence
on Feb 18, 2018 at 4:35:48 am

You're obviously well-versed in all things computer related so forgive me if you've already tried these things...

Where are you rendering your exports to? your spec list only lists one ssd drive which I would guess is your OS. Do you have a media drive?

Does the problem also occur if you send a Premiere sequence to AME?

Have you also looked at your event logs to see if there's any indication as to the source of the crash?

I would experiment with exporting to a variety of drives (usb, ssd, Thunderbolt) to see if it's a thru put issue.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Oisin Barrett
on Feb 18, 2018 at 5:15:49 pm

I rendered from an external drive and thought it might be a thru put issue. So I put the a piece of footage on the internal and the same result. Also rendering and all that was to the internal. It has plenty of space. Half of it I believe is empty.

I'll try the AME idea, to see if its Premiere only. I also may try rendering something on After Effects as well just to see.

The event logs I didn't even think about but thats a great suggestion, so I'm going to try that to!

Thanks! I'll post updated results in a few hours!

Return to posts index

Oisin Barrett
on Feb 19, 2018 at 10:25:51 pm

So the same thing happened when I sent it to AME, and used AME to export a file to h.264. The second time I exported a file that was located on the desktop to the desktop to see if it could be the external hard drive, still same issue. I'm thinking of maybe going to an older version of Premiere Pro and seeing if that works.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 19, 2018 at 10:36:05 pm

From what you’re describing it seems highly unlikely that it’s a problem with Premiere.

I would start the process of determining if you have current drivers for your Gpu and other internal components.

Also hopefully your logs will give you an indication as to the trigger of the crashes.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Oisin Barrett
on Feb 20, 2018 at 1:03:08 am

Alright so I tried the render in AME, and got the log after, it appears to have some sort of issue with h.264 hardware encoding which would make sense, so I installed apples quicktime components and the same thing happened. Ill paste the exact code from the logs below, I looked up parts and didn't really reach a conclusion, lots of different things in different places.

Log file created: 2/19/2018 3:59:07 PM
----------------------------------------
Ticks = 1313 <11612> <5> ippInit warning: ippStsNonIntelCpu: The target CPU is not Genuine Intel.
Ticks = 1313 <11612> <5> ippInit warning: ippStsNonIntelCpu: The target CPU is not Genuine Intel.
Ticks = 2110 <11612> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 126
Ticks = 11813 <11612> <5> ippInit warning: ippStsNonIntelCpu: The target CPU is not Genuine Intel.
Ticks = 13016 <11612> <0> Time taken to load MediaCore plugins: 8370.28 milliseconds.
Ticks = 13797 <11612> <1> Entering RunEventLoop
Ticks = 86266 <1652> <1> No H/W Codec found for H.264

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 20, 2018 at 4:32:00 am

looks like it might be an issue with your CPU:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3375741/solve-amd-9590-freezing-issu...

- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Feb 20, 2018 at 7:15:19 pm

So it renders to a certain point then crashes? Is it at the exact time of your sequence each time? Or is it not getting anywhere into the sequence?
If it's crashing at the same point rendering your sequence, what is happening at that pint in your timeline? I would look for plugins or file that it may be having an issue with.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]