FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bringing in mpeg4 into Preimere CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzin Daly
Bringing in mpeg4 into Preimere CS6
on Feb 17, 2018 at 3:30:10 pm

I have to bring in an mpeg 4 onto the timeline.. can someone recommend the settings I would need to do this?
Never done that before....it was recommended to bring into media...but I have to add 1 sec of black beginning and end. then I will send to Media then convert to mov.

Best
Suzin

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Bringing in mpeg4 into Preimere CS6
on Feb 17, 2018 at 4:57:53 pm

Can't give you a straight answer. Nobody knows what you have to deliver.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Feb 17, 2018 at 5:38:25 pm

I have a finished mpeg4...20.8 GB... I been asked to make a .MOV

below are the instructions
1 VIDEO MASTER | Apple Pro Res (HQ) in .MOV container with PCM 48.000 kHz 16-bit Audio
• Must contain at least one frame of black at the beginning and end, but no more than 1 second

It seems that the feature film has an opportunity to go to distribution...the original clips are gone. All that is left is the full HD mpeg4. I was told it could be brought back into PP [there has to be 1 sec of black beginning and end.

I am not sure what other information to give.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 17, 2018 at 5:44:20 pm

Pretty simple, bring it into Adobe Media Encoder and create a Quicktime pro-res. What's the confusing part?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Feb 17, 2018 at 6:25:28 pm

I have to put 1 second of black in the beginning and the end. So it has to go to the timeline first.
Then I can send it to Media Encoder ....
Bring it in as a new project....I have to pick settings, that is what I am not sure of?

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 17, 2018 at 7:20:18 pm

import into premiere then drag that clip onto the "new item" icon (bottom right corner of project window.) It will create a sequence that matches the clips settings. Add 1 sec black on both sides and then send it to Media Encoder by selecting export media.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Feb 17, 2018 at 8:56:48 pm

Thank you Greg Janza...I did not know that trick. I appreciate all the help from the pros in their guidance.
Best
Suzin

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 18, 2018 at 2:34:36 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 18, 2018 at 2:41:28 am

WHAT??? Your original footge is GONE???

My dear God!

Where did it go? If I were you, I would start praying that they don't want any changes! You can't make them!

What on God's Green Earth were you thinking? If I were you, I would NOT add the title "filmmaker" to my resume quite yer.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Feb 18, 2018 at 3:44:30 am

The film is done and over with, over year ago [it was on a volunteer help out]. All footage was given the director. Been through the film festivals, theater release.... Out of the blue they were approached by a supposed distributor. Story a little long... seems they have the individual clips..., but not what I could really use - no one knows where it went, no changes are needed and I'm not going to re-edit that bloody film - .they do have the finished full HD version mpeg4.. but it has to be put into .mov It would be easy just to run it through media encoder, but I have to put 1 sec black in the beginning and end. So has to go on the time line then sent to media etc. yes, I know its a boon doggle I'm doing the best I can to help. There you have it...on the other hand I didn't know you could drag onto new item icon, maybe this boon doggle has a silver lining. I haven't tried that yet, they have to get to me mpeg4 and trailer.

This is a first, for goodness sakes I hope its the last [Next time I do a volunteer I will store on a separate hard drive hold for seven years like taxes then dump it!]

What was I thinking starts with F ends with K
I hope you take the above sentence with humor that is how it was meant.
Best
Sz

Return to posts index

Jorn Bergmans
on Feb 19, 2018 at 2:17:41 pm

My advice to you would be to always create a MASTER file of the finished film, as ProRes (HQ, or 4444), and make your deliverables from that Master.
That way, even if all the footage gets lost, you will still have a relatively lossless version of the film at hand to create your web/mp4, DVD, BluRay, whatever else versions from.

It is common and good practice. It will also help reduce export times if you need to make multiple versions for delivery by not having to render from timeline each time.

Personally, I always make a TITLED MASTER (for the main language, usually English), and a CLEAN MASTER (no titles, no subtitles, no end credits, i.e. 'no localized elements') in case the film needs to be titled/captioned in a different language than the original.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

Suzin Daly
on Feb 19, 2018 at 3:03:50 pm

Thank you for the information and taking the time to explain. Yes, does help.
Best
Suzin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]