FORUMS: list search recent posts

El Cap > Sierra for CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Curtis
El Cap > Sierra for CC
on Feb 17, 2018 at 2:01:22 am

Yes, I'm behind the curve and I like it that way. I don't upgrade to any Mac OSX that isn't 10.x.5 minimum. Fool me twice.

I'm writing to ask not only if it's safe, but more importantly, are there any reasons to do so if I'm having good luck with El Cap?

I use Pr and Ae CC18 about an equal amount, with a fair load on Ai, Ps, Br, and AME. My hardware is listed below.

I also use BRU PE, and had a devil of a time for a while with it locking me out as an admin after doing an OSX security update. That may be my weak link. I have Sierra on a test partition, but the only time I boot into it is to run Disk Warrior on my El Capitan partition. I originally installed it just to get back into BRU PE. The people at Tolis say that Apple's enhanced security has created issues with their permissions.

I'd appreciate any input or warnings.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro 5,1; 6-core 3.06 GHz; 128 G RAM all the same brand; dual boot: 1011.6 & 10.12.6; QT 7.6.6; Primary display: 4K HP Dreamcolor; secondary: 24" HP DreamColor; Nvidia TITAN GPU; ATTO R680 RAID5 16TB; ATTO H680 HBA for HP LTO5 tape; USB3 PCIe card; latest drivers all around

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]