FORUMS: list search recent posts

slight shudder

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andres Cuervo
slight shudder
on Feb 16, 2018 at 6:06:30 pm

PREMIERE Pro CS5.5 NTCS, 1920X1080, 24fps, Aspect ratio 16:9, Mbps 32-40
Have exported video, happy with result except slight shudder just noticeable in some clips in slow moving objects. Reminiscent of films shot at 5 or 6 frames per second. What is wrong?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: slight shudder
on Feb 16, 2018 at 6:21:16 pm

It's a phenomenon known as judder. DP's have been dealing with it since the days of DW Griffith. Once shot, there's no way to fix it.

Your options are to re-shoot at a different frame rate (not recommended) or to re-shoot, changing the speed of your moves.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Feb 16, 2018 at 8:29:37 pm

Thanks dave, I guess I'll just have to live with it for this video. Next video I'll try shooting with different frame rates to see which works best.

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Feb 16, 2018 at 8:32:27 pm

PS I mean different film speed.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Feb 16, 2018 at 9:27:30 pm

sometimes you can add motion blur with reelsmart motion blur or timewarp. shutter should usually be 1/ (2 * fps). 24fps with 1/200th shutter can look jerky compared to 1/48th shutter so fps doesn't always directly align with judder, although they are heavily related in a panning sense.

Return to posts index

Andres Cuervo
on Mar 5, 2018 at 1:33:31 am

Hi , my (very amateur video I know) is finally up on youtube Partly thanks to your help so thanks and here is the link. Hope you enjoy it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]