FORUMS: list search recent posts

PPRO CS6.... Location of Color Bar file

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
PPRO CS6.... Location of Color Bar file
on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:21:34 pm
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:22:52 pm

I've asked this in another thread, but it's buried within it.... So I post it again out in the open....

Can someone tell me where the SMPTE Color Bar file is stored in PPRO CS6? I'm wishing to change the file, to add a 'Whiter than White' triangle within the center of the white flag of the SMPTE BAR signal.... This would be a quick and easy test to verify if Downstream Clips were added to downstream hardware.... The Existing Bars have a Pludge to check for black clips, but there is not any peaks above 235 in the White area.... I have created a simple SMPTE 219 bars, but that would have to be imported each time..... So I'm thinking that if I could edit the bar file to add it in the first place... that would improve the overall program.....

I don't believe in 'Rental Software', and that's why I'm sticking with CS6....

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: PPRO CS6.... Location of Color Bar file
on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:36:45 pm

There's no file. The bars are generated to the required resolution when you make a new item.

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:37:39 pm

Well, it has to have something to recall, right?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 15, 2018 at 2:14:23 pm

Yeah. Maths. You give it a resolution and it will create some standard coloured bars and fit them into that. Just make a project template that has your own bars already imported or create a Premiere plugin or something.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Feb 15, 2018 at 2:26:57 pm

Add a new colorbar in Premiere and place in timeline, then use the CAMERA icon to EXPORT to still image format of choice. Modify the exported file. Done.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Feb 16, 2018 at 1:44:05 pm

Yes.... both of those suggestions are (Actually) Better than my idea.... Mainly because I could then upgrade to a better version of SMPTE 219 bars....
Now I need to make a white flag with a ramp up from 235/235/235 to 255/255/255 followed by a ramp back down to 235/235/235, and overlay it on my 16x9 SMPTE 219 Bars of choice.... then export it... and let PPRO do the aspect ratio and default configuration with the first clip placed on timeline!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]