FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shift-Drag function change?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Gowan
Shift-Drag function change?
on Feb 14, 2018 at 10:49:46 pm

When I transitioned from FCP7 to Premiere, I got used to the different way that Premiere handled the shift-drag function when moving a clip (audio and video linked) in the timeline.
However, in the last 2-3 weeks, that shift-drag function seems to have changed, and I cannot figure out why, nor how to get it back.
Here's the description from Adobe help:
To place the video and audio portions of a clip into tracks you specify, drag the video portion to the destination video track. Press and hold Shift. This will pin the video portion to the specified video track. Continue holding Shift and drag downward past the bar separating video and audio tracks. Release the mouse and release Shift when the audio portion of the clip lies over the destination audio track.
Currently, if I click on a clip in timeline, drag the video to a new track, then press shift, the entire clip locks into its original in/out point in the timeline, instead of functioning as Adobe help says it should. Then, while holding shift, if I drag downward to change the track that the audio is on, the video track moves with my mouse, down to track one. This is the shift-drag behavior that I was used to in FCP7, but Premiere has never functioned like this for me until now, and I cannot figure out how to change it back.
I just updated to latest Premiere version today (12.0.1), that did not address this issue.
Anyone else experience this? Is there a toggle switch somewhere to tell Premiere how to handle shift-drag?

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Shift-Drag function change?
on Feb 14, 2018 at 11:23:36 pm

Its now: ctrl+shift+drag.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Neil Gowan
Re: Shift-Drag function change?
on Feb 15, 2018 at 8:26:19 pm

Thanks...I thought I tried some other modifiers, but I guess I missed that one (for Mac, it's actually working as Shift+Command+drag).
I guess somebody better tell Adobe that their shortcut was changed so they can update their "help" site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]