FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shaky footage after exporting

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erick Steiner
Shaky footage after exporting
on Feb 14, 2018 at 7:51:52 pm

Hey everyone,

So I'm working on a highlight reel for work using old footage from my predecessor, of which I ripped from YouTube. And I've run into this issue, where it looks fine on the timeline, but when I export it, the footage is jerky and shaky.

If you'll notice in version 2, the first clip (along with many others) are shaky, but in the subsequent edit (version 3), the first clip is fine, while the others are shaky.

Version 2:

Version 3:

I don't know what I did to cause this change. I've exported the same footage using h264 at 720 with 29.97fps, and the original footage is all 29.97 except 3 clips which are at 30fps, and the logo at the end which is 23.976.

I also tried exporting a new version as an mpeg, using "match sequence settings" and still have the same issue. Has anyone experienced this and would you know how to solve it?

Thank you for the support, it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Erick

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Shaky footage after exporting
on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:02:37 pm
Last Edited By Todd Perchert on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:04:41 pm

Looks like the original footage may have been interlaced? Don't know if it will take care of the problem, but you can try right-click on your footage in your timeline, select Field Options. Try Always Deinterlace or Flicker Removal. See if either one of those work for you.
TC

Return to posts index

Erick Steiner
on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:12:08 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I gave it a shot with both deinterlace and flicker removal, but still no luck. Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Cheers,
Erick

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Feb 15, 2018 at 7:50:30 pm

That was a long shot.
What are the details of your YouTube videos? Image size, codec, frame rate. And what is your sequence settings? Are you scaling any of the videos?
And if you take a problem file, drag it to the New Item icon in the bin and make a sequence from that file, then render it out using Match Sequence, do you still have the problem?
Something's not right, and it could be your original files. How did you get them off of YouTube?

Return to posts index

Erick Steiner
on Feb 16, 2018 at 1:00:22 am

Hey Todd, I'm away from the office right now, but let me give that a shot on Monday and I'll be able to look at the details for you. I have a feeling that rendering out a new sequence for the videos I'm having trouble with might work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]