Adobe Premiere CS6 - Red flickering in video with complex VFX

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amar Salgia
Adobe Premiere CS6 - Red flickering in video with complex VFX
on Feb 14, 2018 at 7:10:02 am
Last Edited By Amar Salgia on Feb 14, 2018 at 7:12:29 am

Hello all,

I am having some trouble with a video that I am creating in Adobe Premiere CS6. There is a lot of information here, so please bear with me as I describe the situation.

I have created and successfully exported a VFX composition from Adobe After Effects CS6. It plays very well with VLC media player. However, when I import this into Adobe Premiere CS6, there is one particular type of VFX shot that recurs in the video that Adobe Premiere apparently cannot deal with. Instead of the video, I get a RED screen in that part, which flickers. I have tried exporting the video at a lower and lower bit rate - going from 100 to 0 to 70 to 60 Mbps - and doing so seems to get rid of the red flickering. However, when I take the completed video, enter it into another Adobe Premiere CS6 composition and try to export it at the same bit rate that worked earlier (60 Mbps), I again get the red flickering!

Please see the attached image. The VFX shot has a lot going on in it (broken TV effect).

Have any of you seen this problem? In my workflow, it is only Adobe Premiere CS6 that is having this red flickering problem. AE and VLC media player are not showing any problem, however my final film edit will be in Adobe Premiere CS6. What should I do??

Do I have to try an even lower bit rate (such as 50 Mbps) than the one that earlier worked in Adobe Premiere, but which is not working for the export of that earlier export? I am thinking that going to a lower bit rate would reduce the quality of the image. Is that so? I want to get rid of the red flicker once and for all while maintaining picture quality.

Please advise. Thank you!

Amar

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Adobe Premiere CS6 - Red flickering in video with complex VFX
on Feb 14, 2018 at 4:30:09 pm

What is the media container & codec of the AE animation?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Amar Salgia
on Feb 14, 2018 at 5:43:47 pm

Hi Dave,

I have been outputting the videos files in H264, in full 4K resolution (3840 x 2160). Both the AE and Premiere videos are all in H264 and in 4K.

Amar

Return to posts index

Amar Salgia
on Feb 15, 2018 at 4:35:15 am

The file outputs are MP4 files. Also, I am doing all of the work on a PC running Windows 7. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if further information would be needed.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 15, 2018 at 7:39:24 am

Try using jpeg or tiff sequences, depending on the disk space you have available. I wouldn't use compressed formats for my VFX masters.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]