FORUMS: list search recent posts

Display playback frozen and not working

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carolyne Anthony
Display playback frozen and not working
on Feb 12, 2018 at 5:18:51 pm

Hey there,

Does anyone know how or why the display or playback might be frozen? I'm absolutely new to premiere and am animating text in an empty sequence. I would create this in AE but was requested to specifically make this in premiere. I've tried clearing preferences and restarting my computer. Someone mentioned it had something to do with the graphics card. Any suggestions appreciated!

System Specs:
OS X El Capitan
Version 10.11.6
Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
Processor 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Mac HD
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2048 MB

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Display playback frozen and not working
on Feb 12, 2018 at 6:05:43 pm

I'd suggest pushing back on your client that you both want and need to complete this project in AE. Premiere is NOT meant for text animation, and has trouble sometimes when there's lots of text layers and images on a timeline.

Return to posts index

Carolyne Anthony
on Feb 12, 2018 at 7:16:02 pm

I agree on all accounts, unfortunately still not an option for me. I deleted the most complicated text sequence (by complicated I mean 12 lines of text in an empty sequence) and am restarting from scratch while keeping the other more simpler sequences with 1-2 lines of text.

Not sure if this is a mac bug or an adobe one, or if really animating a couple lines of text has the power to crash the entire program. I wouldn't be too surprised if it did.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 12, 2018 at 7:50:22 pm

I wouldn't be surprised by that either--I've seen problems with high-res jpegs in the timeline crashing the program, crashing when trying to adjust audio keyframes after editing captions, and issues when a large number of text layers are being used. You might have better luck nesting several sequences after pre-rendering them, to cut down on the number of "live" text bits in the sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]