FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio not exporting with H.264

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Curtis
audio not exporting with H.264
on Feb 11, 2018 at 3:18:09 pm

I normally work around most of my Pr issues, and I have one for this, but fixing the problem has me stumped.

All of a sudden,* the audio is missing on about 7 out of 10 H.264 exports. Rendering the Sequence audio before export doesn't help.

Here's what I've tried to fix it:

- quit and relaunch the app
- trash preferences
- uninstall and reinstall Pr CC 18
- switch from AAC to MPEG audio encoding

Workaround: export audio as an AIFF stereo mix; import into Sequence; solo the mix, and export to H.264

* Normally, an "all of the sudden" issue is tied to something that changed right before the issue manifested, such as a security, app or plug in update, etc. The only thing I updated in the past few days are two Creative Impatience transition plug-ins, and I don't see how they could affect audio - although I suppose anything is possible. But, in this case, I've been switching madly between projects in Pr for the past 40 days straight (Yay for steady employment.), and have not had this happen until yesterday.

Any ideas jumping out at anybody?

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro 5,1; 6-core 3.06 GHz; 128 G RAM all the same brand; dual boot: 1011.6 & 10.12.6; QT 7.6.6; Primary display: 4K HP Dreamcolor; secondary: 24" HP DreamColor; Nvidia TITAN GPU; ATTO R680 RAID5 16TB; ATTO H680 HBA for HP LTO5 tape; USB3 PCIe card; latest drivers all around

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: audio not exporting with H.264
on Feb 11, 2018 at 5:28:45 pm

Strange problem. Try deleting the media cache and letting it rebuild.

Return to posts index

Jim Curtis
on Feb 11, 2018 at 6:25:07 pm

That's a good tip, and I left that off my list, because it's been a routine practice for me since switching to Premiere to trash my renders and caches at any sign of trouble.

I did try that (again, after reading your post) and the missing audio persists.

Pr corrupting its own preferences and caches had been a persistent problem up until the last major build or two. I haven't noticed it as much in the past year or so.

If you're on Mac, you should know that besides storing caches in the location you choose in the Preferences, Pr also stores caches in the default location, which on my Mac is in User>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Common>Media Cache. If you don't know about it, this folder can get large over time. I made an alias of the Common folder on my Desktop. The PTX and Media Cache Files folders can also fill with files. I empty them all between projects, and often during projects, when issues like this manifest.

I also keep an alias to my Pr Prefs on my desktop, and delete those at signs of trouble. After building a clean set of Prefs, I suggest you zip it in the folder it resides, so that you can restore them easily after trashing the prefs you think may have gotten corrupted.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro 5,1; 6-core 3.06 GHz; 128 G RAM all the same brand; dual boot: 1011.6 & 10.12.6; QT 7.6.6; Primary display: 4K HP Dreamcolor; secondary: 24" HP DreamColor; Nvidia TITAN GPU; ATTO R680 RAID5 16TB; ATTO H680 HBA for HP LTO5 tape; USB3 PCIe card; latest drivers all around

Return to posts index

Jim Curtis
on Feb 11, 2018 at 6:49:17 pm

I solved it. It was one of two things:

I had reversed a sound effect (Clip>Modify Speed / Duration), and I had also used Zynaptic Unveil VST on my VO, which was recorded in a dojo.

By exporting my reversed effect as AIF and importing it back and replacing in my timeline, and deleting and re-applying Unveil, my exports have audio again.

Thanks, John Pale, for chipping in.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]