FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has anyone managed to export video from Premiere on an iMac Pro that looks the same as their timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Bond
Has anyone managed to export video from Premiere on an iMac Pro that looks the same as their timeline?
on Feb 9, 2018 at 4:00:32 pm

I'm on a few threads asking this question - essentially Premiere 'washes out' colours on export and it is not possible to change the colour profile of Adobe's Program window to allow for correct colour grading - it will always revert back to Adobe's profile regardless of what the iMac is set to.

Video can be any format, ProRes, H264 even a still image - the same error occurs (yes, I'm calling it an error!)

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Has anyone managed to export video from Premiere on an iMac Pro that looks the same as their timeline?
on Feb 9, 2018 at 4:44:01 pm
Last Edited By greg janza on Feb 9, 2018 at 4:45:15 pm

I'm not on an imac Pro but for reference, I've just finished a project and so the video is now populated to a variety of places.

On my system (windows) which is fully color calibrated using x-rite x1-pro and Dispcal, all versions of my master look identical in every location that I look at them. Those locations are: within potplayer (which is another video playback app similar to quick time), on frame.io and Vimeo in Firefox and Chrome.

Previously I had an issue where the colors were washed out when looking at any sites on Chrome but changing the color settings in Chrome to sRGB has eliminated that problem.

I doubt that Premiere Pro is the source of your color issue. Have you checked that your color management settings are correct in your browsers? And if you play back a video in vlc or switch do you see the same issue as you see in quick time?

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Alex Bond
Re: Has anyone managed to export video from Premiere on an iMac Pro that looks the same as their timeline?
on Feb 9, 2018 at 4:56:34 pm

Premiere pro ignores whatever colour settings I set the iMac to. When you cycle through the display options you can see all the windows changing colour EXCEPT the programme window which reverts back to the same look in every setting.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 9, 2018 at 5:21:27 pm

Are you viewing in Quicktime? Quicktime has a known issue of lifting blacks from 0 to around 10, producing a slightly washed-out look. View your videos in VLC for the most accurate picture.

Return to posts index

Alex Bond
on Feb 9, 2018 at 5:38:21 pm

Yes, Quicktime but then the Files are washed out when sent to Vimeo.

I have never had this issue before.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 9, 2018 at 10:32:55 pm

Have you checked Vimeo in multiple browsers? Have you viewed your exported files in VLC? Have you uploaded to YouTube and viewed it in multiple browsers?

All of these use different settings to display video--yes, even different browsers use different color space settings--so viewing a video in Vimeo in Firefox could conceivably result in a COMPLETELY different look from Vimeo on Chrome.

Viewing in VLC will allow you to check whether Premiere is ACTUALLY exporting washed out images, or whether you're seeing the dreaded Quicktime colors--Quicktime is NOT a reliable indicator of whether your colors are being exported correctly, and neither is Vimeo, since it is interpreted depending on its host browser. Once you view in VLC, and you know that, you'll then be able to find the next link in the chain.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]