FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a 1080p timeline in Premiere Pro to burn to a Blu-Ray disc...how do I go about mixing different frame rate clips?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Coady
Creating a 1080p timeline in Premiere Pro to burn to a Blu-Ray disc...how do I go about mixing different frame rate clips?
on Feb 5, 2018 at 5:27:51 pm

Hello!

I want to create my first Blu-Ray disc. How do I go about bringing in multiple files into Premiere Pro that have various resolutions and framerates?

Say I have some video shot at 1080P 60FPS, some shot at 1080P 30FPS, and then say I want to add some older clips to the timeline that are 720x480 30FPS, etc?

Can I have all these work in harmony in the same timeline? Would my main timeline be set at the highest framerate clip? 1080P 60FPS?

HELP!

And this is just a disc I want to make to send to my siblings. I am late to the game in trying to burn a Blu-Ray, so this will be my first time trying it. I have burned plenty of DVD discs.

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
Re: Creating a 1080p timeline in Premiere Pro to burn to a Blu-Ray disc...how do I go about mixing different frame rate clips?
on Feb 5, 2018 at 7:06:30 pm

I would have used a 1080p 60 fps timeline since 30 fps footage will playback perfectly while keeping the smooth motion in the 60 fps video. When done, render out to H.264 Blu-ray to 1080i using the HD 1080i 29.97 Preset.

Adding 720x480 footage to a 1080p timeline would require you to upscale the 720x480 and it will look not-so-good. Depending on the project it may be worth editing the 720x480 on a separate timeline and render it out as 720x480 and thus forcing the Blu-ray writer to upscale the footage. Software is not so good at upscaling while hardware, iow the Bly-ray player, is much better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]