FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color grading a multicam project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mickey Power
Color grading a multicam project
on Feb 5, 2018 at 6:03:01 am

We had 3 different cameras covering a stage play now being edited as a multicam project in Premiere. The cameras require separate grades and this will be done in Premiere with Lumetri color or Colorista. What is the most efficient work flow for putting a base grade on and then going back to do the final adjustments? This job is a small favour to the friends who put on the play and the outcome is intended not for broadcast but as an archival record so we're hoping to keep the hours of grading to a minimum.

Previously the preferred work flow was not using multicam but keeping the three cameras on separate video tracks, adding the base grade then cutting before going back for the final adjustments.

Thanks for your help!

Mickey

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: Color grading a multicam project
on Feb 6, 2018 at 3:40:43 pm

I would do a base grade on a representative shot from each of the three cameras, then save that grade as an effect preset. It can be a single Lumetri effect or any number of other color adjustments; you can save a single effect as a preset or, if you use multiple effects, select them all and save the group of them as a preset. Call them Cam1, Cam2 and Cam3 or some such.
Then multi-select all the Cam1 shots and drag in the Cam1 preset; same for the other cameras. Now you can go through clip by clip and make adjustments as needed.

John

Return to posts index

Mickey Power
Re: Color grading a multicam project
on Feb 6, 2018 at 10:34:47 pm

Thanks, I've already trialled that as the fall back process. There's a lot of edits! I was hoping that like in FCP7 an unedited clip could get a standard grade which it would carry through with it. This would save on the multi-selecting. I'll keep experimenting.

Mickey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]