FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF export error: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Gurfield
AAF export error: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL
on Feb 3, 2018 at 10:34:03 pm

My AAF export consistently fails with the error AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL. I'm exporting full clips, and not rendering effects, so this has nothing to do with handles. Anyone having similar issues found a work around? Premiere 2018 on a mac.

Thanks.

Mike

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: AAF export error: AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL
on Feb 3, 2018 at 10:52:01 pm

Well parsing the error message could mean that you have a transition where you don't have enough tails or heads. You can do a transition without enough heads or tails but you'll get freeze frame for the duration and I believe Premiere will warn about this. There will be a slash pattern on the transition.

Return to posts index

Mike Gurfield
on Feb 3, 2018 at 10:55:02 pm

Tero-

Totally get what you're saying. However, my AAF export is exporting complete clips, no handles needed. Not rendering transitions or effects (they're all unsupported by AAF anyways). So even if there was a transition that didn't have enough head or tail (unlikely, as I'd be seeing it in my timeline), it SHOULDN'T matter for this export... Have read about other users getting this error specifically for AAF export, but nobody seems to have a solution...

Return to posts index

Jamie Pickell
on Feb 5, 2018 at 5:35:17 pm

It's a bug in Premiere 2018 12.0. I discovered it when exporting an AAF for mix. The mixer told me the audio was messed up after the 3 minute mark. I went through and deleted all my audio dissolves which got rid of the error message, but still made a mess of the AAF. In researching the issue I found this on Adobe's forums:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2427031

You can round-trip via XML to an earlier version of Premiere (which unfortunately I couldn't do since it was removed from my computer by IT) OR you can go old school and export an OMF which is what I did without issue.

Jamie

Return to posts index

Mike Gurfield
on Feb 5, 2018 at 10:41:26 pm

Thanks Jamie-

What I ended up doing was deleting EVERY cross-fade in the audio of the entire film. Audio post would be redoing these anyways, as fades will be shown cuts on the AAF to begin with. Lo and behold, it somehow worked... for now.

I've also read that I could "edit in adobe audition" and export from there, although that is a whole can of worms that doesn't seem to be working very well for me either.

OMF... very old school, but will be my last resort.

At least Adobe is AWARE of the issue...

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]