FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mapped keyboard shortcuts sometimes do not work on timeline but works in source monitor.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Mapped keyboard shortcuts sometimes do not work on timeline but works in source monitor.
on Feb 2, 2018 at 4:35:24 pm

HI,

I am using Premiere Pro CC 2018

I have mapped out my keyboard. I assigned the Left & Right Arrows to move up or down one frame at a time. I have also mapped keys so I can go to next cut and previous cut.

Sometimes When I press the arrows to move one frame back or forward on the timeline, it does not work. Yet, when I try to do the same thing on a clip in the source monitor with the same keys, it works fine.

Why does this happen?

The only way I can get it to work on the timeline again, is to Quit Premiere and re-open it again. Then after a while it does not work again.

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Mapped keyboard shortcuts sometimes do not work on timeline but works in source monitor.
on Feb 2, 2018 at 4:51:50 pm

Left/right arrows are by default bound to the global application commands to move one frame forward/back and the up/down arrows will go to prev/next edits. If you've changed them to work in some specific window then they will only work when that window is active. I have no idea why one would want this though.

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
Re: Mapped keyboard shortcuts sometimes do not work on timeline but works in source monitor.
on Feb 2, 2018 at 6:16:53 pm

I've re-programmed a lot of my key strokes as well, but I don't have any problems. You may want to trash your prefs.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]