FORUMS: list search recent posts

Voiceover Recording and Levels Monitoring Troubles

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Gurfield
Voiceover Recording and Levels Monitoring Troubles
on Feb 1, 2018 at 1:15:37 am

I'm on a Mac on Premiere 2018 current iteration.

So I'm trying to do some basic VO. I have a new Focusrite audio interface, and a decent Condenser mic setup. I can't for the life of me seem to be able to get audio level monitoring working while I'm recording in Premiere. I can get level monitoring in the Voice-over Record Settings dialogue box, but as soon as I close out of that box, and into the timeline record function, I do not get any monitoring. I don't get any readings in the Audio Track Mixer, and nothing on the Audio Meters. I get plenty of levels during playback, and VO IS getting recorded. I also don't get any level information if I record through the Audio Track Mixer rather than through the timeline. So I'm clearly just missing a toggle somewhere, I assume, but am wracking my brain trying to find it. I've got all my audio hardware preferences IN/Out set to look for my interface, and I am getting sound passing through my interface to my headphones. Any thoughts?

And my OTHER question is just something weird I've been experiencing. When my interface is hooked up, and I scrub through clips, the audio is garbled/unintelligible, even at very slow scrubbing speeds, where as when the audio interface is not connected (or premiere is pointed towards my built-in audio output), I get very normal sounding audio, just played rapidly depending on my scrub speed (as I'm used to). I've got "Maintain Pitch" and "Play Audio while scrubbing" both checked. Any ideas why this might be happening? The DA converters on Focusrite's should be able to handle anything I'm throwing at them, so I'm a little confused...

Thanks in advance future internet friends!

Return to posts index

Mike Gurfield
Re: Voiceover Recording and Levels Monitoring Troubles
on Feb 6, 2018 at 12:17:02 am

Still hoping someone can figure out my leveling mystery... Any hints?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved