FORUMS: list search recent posts

Offline - Online workflow in premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rhiannon Windred
Offline - Online workflow in premiere
on Jan 31, 2018 at 10:51:12 am

So I'm setting up a project that has been shot in 4k. I'm familiar with the transcoding method in Avid and the relinking at the end of the edit. But everywhere I go to suss out the workflow in premiere seems a bit clunky in comparison.

For example, I want to ingest my footage in and create proxies to work offline in as my system has trouble working with the larger files. But to relink in premiere at the end of the edit, it seems I need to manually relink each clip? or as someone suggested, create a file system with the high res files exactly the same as the low res files and at the end of the offline edit, take the low res offline and bring the high res online. I like this idea but it also means going through and manually creating 2 file systems that need to be exactly the same.

I'm asking if others can share their offline to online workflow within premiere with me so I can get an idea of what the quickest and most efficient method may be?

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Offline - Online workflow in premiere
on Jan 31, 2018 at 3:57:16 pm

https://blog.frame.io/2017/03/20/premiere-pro-proxies/

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]