FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving favorites in Premiere Pro CC 2018

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Saving favorites in Premiere Pro CC 2018
on Jan 30, 2018 at 5:49:12 pm

HI,

In Premiere Pro CC 2018 is there a way to save transitions and filters in a Favorites Folder if I use them on every job?

In other words, if I put a transition or filter on a clip and the timeline and change some of the default attributes on it, can I save it in a "Favorites" folder so I don't have change them every time I need to use it?

Can I save a 1 second Crossfade, a 2 second crossfade, etc.. So I can just grab them and and use it?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
Re: Saving favorites in Premiere Pro CC 2018
on Jan 30, 2018 at 7:21:48 pm

Pro is way behind on this! Avid had a simple save over 15 years ago. It feels like the software developers have never edited a network or cable show.

WORK AROUND: The only fix I can find is to make a cut 30 frms before and 30 frms after your effect. Highlight the new clips and the edit and make a sub clip.

Then every time you want to use that effect, call up the sub clip, then copy and paste the effect.

It's crazy, yes?

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Jan 30, 2018 at 8:06:37 pm

Hi,

That is really bad. Final Cut 7 had it too. It was great.

I guess another workout would be:

1-Start a new project
2-Import some footage (does not matter what)
3-Make a new sequence
4-Put your footage on the timeline
5-Add the different transitions and filters and you would want to use over and over again.
6-Save the project
7-Open the project and just copy and paste that sequence into a new project that you are working on.
8-Then all you have to do is copy and paste one of the transitions or filters onto a current project.

Adobe needs to put a Favorites Bin or something into the next version of Premiere

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Jan 30, 2018 at 8:21:06 pm

Hi,

I found this video on Youtube that shows you how to save Presets/Favorites of Filters and Transitions you use on every Project.

I just tried it and it works.

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Jan 30, 2018 at 8:48:55 pm

The problem is that if you use the Premiere Pro barn doors effect for example, you can't add boarders with colors, and change boarder width - then save in presets'

You have to haul around an effects time line, find an effect, then copy and paste that effect.

Premiere Pro should get some real editors in software development.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jan 30, 2018 at 9:53:22 pm

You can save any filter, with whatever settings you choose, as a Preset.

Presets are also available for some transitions, but not that many, and unfortunately not for crossfades, either audio or video.

You can set crossfades, both audio and video, as your default transition and set your most commonly used timing in General Preferences in the Timeline tab.

I have requested that transitions have the same Preset abilities as filters, but so far Adobe, in their infinite wisdom, has turned a deaf ear. You are encouraged to add your voice to the chorus.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]