Jared Fodor
Red frames and thumbnails
on Jan 30, 2018 at 12:43:39 pm

Computer Stats:
16GB Ram (10 dedicated to PP)
Geforce GT 740
i7-4790K Quad core
500 SSD plus 2 1TB HD

I will preference this by saying I am pretty new to PP. I am having issues after editing for a little bit of red thumbnails, red or scrambled frames in preview screen, and no visual playback in preview (just audio). If i'm only working with 5 clips there doesn't seem to be an issue, but if I have 20 clips in PP there seems to be issues. Video is coming from A6300 and is either 4K/24fps/100mbs or 1080/120fps/100mbs. Whenever I start a project, I put all the video files on the SSD for editing so that isn't he issue. I only use the others for storage. Clearing the Media Cache or restarting for all purposes doesn't really help. Next time I shoot, and I going to try 60mbs instead of 100mbs, but was curious if anyone else had other suggestions?

In my research, I have seen some suggestions for using Media Encoder, but I will admit that is completely foreign. I output in H.264 so it seems would be best to keep it that way while editing.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Red frames and thumbnails
on Jan 30, 2018 at 7:08:29 pm

If that SSD also is the home of your OS and apps, it is an issue. PPro doesn't like footage on the same drive with the OS and apps.

If the SSD does not have your OS and apps on it, disregard.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Jared Fodor
Re: Red frames and thumbnails
on Jan 30, 2018 at 7:18:27 pm

Did not know that, but yes the OS and Programs are on the SSD. I was having the same issue when using just regular HD, which was why I gave the SSD a try.

One option suggest to me on another forum is it's probably PP can't keep up previewing the highly compressed files. Uncompressing the files should cure this problem, but will the large file sizes cause additional problems?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]