FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Error - OpenCV GUI Error Handler (Incorrect size of input array (Non-positive cols or rows)).

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Svyatoslav Nikitin
Rendering Error - OpenCV GUI Error Handler (Incorrect size of input array (Non-positive cols or rows)).
on Jan 28, 2018 at 11:35:28 am

Thank you for reading - appreciate any help I could get as I'm pulling out hair from all sorts of places.

Trying to render out something (quite large in scale) either via Premiere Pro or Media Encoder I receive the message:

Specs:
Windows 7- 64 bit
i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
24GB Ram
GeForce GTX 580
4 x 1TB Harddrives.

Don't usually have a problem rendering out anything under a minute or so (haven't tested to find my limit).

Render settings:
Scaled down to 720P - .h264
VBR 2 pass - Target/Max Mbps - 10Mbps.

Clicking Retry/Ignore just sets me on a loop.

Footage is GH4 C4K - some heavy effects here and there.

Thought it was something to do with memory but I thought 24GB would be enough?

Updated GPU as I also thought it was that.

When I come back to my project after clicking abort all my after effects projects linked in my premiere pro change to Media Offline (not sure if related).

Any suggestions please? :-(

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering Error - OpenCV GUI Error Handler (Incorrect size of input array (Non-positive cols or rows)).
on Jan 29, 2018 at 2:40:23 pm

What happens if you remove those AE comps from a duplicated PP timeline and use AE to render out actual media?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Svyatoslav Nikitin
Re: Rendering Error - OpenCV GUI Error Handler (Incorrect size of input array (Non-positive cols or rows)).
on Jan 30, 2018 at 2:17:21 am

You sir are a legend - that seems to be the problem as it renders out just fine without the linked After Effects Comps.
But how do I get it to work with them? What's causing this problem?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Svyatoslav Nikitin
on Jan 30, 2018 at 3:06:04 am

I think I have narrowed down the culprit to one AE linked comp - as I tried just rendering it in my workspace - same error came up.

What could be causing it?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 30, 2018 at 3:38:28 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 30, 2018 at 4:01:42 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't know.

I only use Dynamic Link ONLY for one-way trips from Premiere Pro to After Effects.

It's easy to edit video in PP. It's HORRIBLE in AE. You can have multiple video layers in PP for use in AE. You can include audio in PP to use as a reference for timing purposes in AE. You get things right in PP, then you put on the finishing touches in AE. Since the primary use for AE is to create short-duration shots, you can create PP sequences just for single shots.

Then it's easy to use Dynamic Link in AE to import the appropriate PP project. PP sequences come in as AE comps with separate layers. You just do your AE work, and render out individual AE comps to be used in PP -- with edit handles, of course. You don't even need to include the audio -- it already exists in PP, and it is dead simple to re-sync video to audio.

That's how I work. Yes, it may take longer. Yes, Dynamic Link should work well for round trips from PP to AE and back again. Sadly, it does not. So I avoid the bugs that exist in Dynamic Link, and I never have problems such as yours.

If you have AE comps that are more than a minute long, the chances are good that you are using AE improperly, or you are using it for things that could be accomplished more easily in PP. I encourage you to closely analyze why your workflow to find ways to sidestep round-tripping via Dynamic Link.

If you want to continue round-tripping, I am afraid you will have a lot of troubleshooting ahead of you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Svyatoslav Nikitin
on Jan 30, 2018 at 8:54:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up - considering there's so many effects in my project it becomes a problem to avoid dynamic link.

I'll try a couple of different things (CPU and RAM upgrade) - and see if that works (I doubt it).

Will keep this updated if I find a solution - but would greet any more ideas/feedback with open arms.

Thanks for your time Dave - helped me pinpoint the problem area at least!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]